Day 1: Carson is taking from the same people he did last year; however, he has a different teacher this year. I failed to take a picture (whoops) on the 1st day, but for the most part, it went down the same as last year. He was fine when I dropped him off, but was crying when I picked him up. It wasn't mad crying though. He was happy and proud of himself, it was just a new thing to go underwater like he was. For a lot of the younger kids, this is expected. There were quite a few tears from the kids before us too. When I asked him why he cried, he told me he was scared. He's been scared a lot lately.... the thunder, the trains passing, etc. The teacher did tell me that he told her she was mean. Ha. She's a sweet high school kid, I think Carson thinks anyone is mean that is making him do something he's not sure about.
The parents don't get to stay in the swim area and watch, but this year, the way the pool is configured, you can be on the other side of the fence, not really seen by the kids, and still hear what's going on..... except that I ran to the bank.... One of the other dads gave me the low down when I got back. He said there was quite a bit of crying at the beginning but that it got much better as the lesson went on. I'll probably stick around the parking lot tomorrow to hear how things are going.
Day 2: Again, very similar to last year. He was a little hesitant to be dropped off today. He started running around the back yard and tried to hide from me. Didn't work. I heard him cry for a few minutes after I left, but not for long. When I picked him up, she said he did much better today. He was proud of himself and told me he got the toys! He still had red eyes and you could tell he had been crying, but again, it wasn't mad crying. I don't think he'd let me put goggles on him, but that would probably help. I never did like opening my eyes under water either!
Ready to go! Check out that mop... that's what happens when your child won't let ANYONE touch his hair!
Happy in the car!
Looks like a pro!
RED eyes but a big smile!




No comments:
Post a Comment