Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Bueno...

Well, although the drop-offs went really smoothly the first two days, I think C is entering into defensive mode, realizing he is in a new environment. He has never been an aggressive child. Occasionally he'd hit us at home (and be laughing while he did it), thinking it was a game. He was always reprimanded and only needed a time out only once or twice for hitting. If he ever did hit, it seemed to be an attention-grabbing tool versus out of aggression. At his old school, we never had a report that he was the aggressor. He was usually the victim (there were some rowdy boys in his old class). Well, we had this lovely little note on his second day of school...


Not cool, dude...

Today (the 3rd day), he cried and didn't want me to leave. He's definitely realized that he's in a new, unfamiliar place. I hope this hitting is just a brief phase and he's acting out because he's confused. I PRAY that this is just a brief phase. I don't want to end up needing to call Supernanny. He really is so loving and so sweet 99% of the time. The only time I've ever seen him hit someone was this past weekend, only AFTER he was hit and pretty much bullied by a bigger kid. I guess they really are little copycats.

We will be asking Jesus "to help me be nice to my new friends."

I'm anxious to see how today went after I left him in tears...

1 comment: