Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our Valentines Day... a LOT late

In trying to FINALLY get caught up on my blog posts, I stumbled across our Valentines Day post that was still in Draft form... yeah, I realize it's 3+ months late.  Better late than never!  I posted an actual Valentines Day post, but failed to finish the one about what we did the following weekend.

We met up with Wannie and Papi on Saturday morning at Al-T's for breakfast (boudain omelet... yes, please!!!! oh, and extra bacon!).  Minus the biscuits, I pretty much downed the whole plate.


 

Carson took care of the biscuits...
 

Wannie and Papi took Carson back home and we were able to go fishing together for the first time in a really long time.  The fishing was terrible, but at least I had the best looking guide on the water!

 

Andrew and I have this "tradition" of attending non-traditional concerts together.  Well, it's not really a "tradition", but I guess it's starting to become one.  I'm primarily a Texas Country, Country Legends, Classic Rock, Contemporary Christian, and Old School Rap (hey...brings back fun high school and college memories... the "hip hop" today is just terrible for the most part) kind of girl, certainly not an "angry music" or "heavy metal" type of person, but for some reason, I've been to two Sevendust concerts and actually really enjoyed them.  It's not the kind of music I will just listen to at my desk or in the car, but the energy at the concerts is pretty cool.  I have to say that Sevendust is one of the only bands that falls into this "loud" category that I will actually listen to and not complain.  The lead singer actually sings versus screams, which I think is the difference.  I can NOT take "music" that is screaming.  Yuck.

Anyways... Sevendust was coming to Beaumont, so Andrew really wanted to go, and I agreed.



I had never been to Crockett Street, so I was happy to check it out finally.



Not my typical scene, but certainly a fun time!






 
 
We thought it would be easiest to have a "stay-cation" and get a hotel in Beaumont at the Elegante and just take a cab home from the concert.  They had a shuttle that was able to take us there.  Getting there was pretty convenient, getting home was another story.  Let's just say cab service in Beaumont is a JOKE.  I think there was one, yes ONE, cab going back and forth from Crockett Street (one of the cab companies is called La Una Taxi... makes sense now). We got beat to the first one we saw, which we found out later was going to our same hotel.  How did we find this out... because nearly 45 minutes later when the 2nd cab FINALLY showed up, it was the same cab driver that we missed the first time and when we told her where we needed to go, she was like, "Oh, you should have just jumped in earlier."  Pretty sure I would have if she hadn't bailed out as I was waving her down to make sure she was coming back.  It was COLD, and I was seriously nervous we weren't going to be able to get back.  Apparently the cab driver at the other company was sick.  What a mess!  Anyways, I won't even go into the cab driver's personal story, of which we heard the whole thing.  Let's just say her story is a big reason as to why this country has problems.
 
Anyways, we were happy to be back at the hotel!  We enjoyed a big the next morning and then headed to church.  Fun stuff!  It was fun to have an evening to ourselves and actually get out and do something.  Those days are certainly few and far between! 

No comments:

Post a Comment