Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Solid" Foods, Take 1

At Carson's 4-month appointment, we got the go ahead to start "solid" foods. I put solid in quotes because the rice cereal mixture is far from solid. The 1 tbsp cereal to 4 tbsp milk ratio on the box was SO watery. Andrew had been out of town, so I definitely wanted to wait until he got home for this experiment. So, after the Christmas lights were put up and he woke up from his last nap, we were READY!!!

Mom setting the stage for the big moment



First Bite!


Take 2 in the bouncy seat








He opened his mouth great and sure looked liked he knew what to do...


...But it pretty much ended up like this every time



As Andrew said, "He looks like a drunk on a stool trying to eat." That pretty much summed it up!

If you want to see all the action, each of these is only like a minute or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etISCDfw3cU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKX-BDTZVck

I know we've got to give the rice a few days first or whatever before we can venture on to more interesting things. While at HEB, I also grabbed the baby oatmeal (which the doctor said would be great because of all the fiber... help Carson's slight "irregularity" issue), and one of every fruit and vegetable in the Stage 1 foods. I know he'll probably like the sweet potatoes for sure. Green beans and peas...hmm, we'll see!

Just a note, an hour later after his bath, he totally still ate 6 oz. That makes me think that not too much of the rice actually got in his tummy. Practice. Practice. Practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment