Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy 50th 'Dettes!

This whole year has been a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Highlandettes.  They've had a number of things throughout the year, but the highlight is always the Spring Revue.  I haven't been to one since I was last in it, way back in 2000.

I met up with some of my favorite ladies, my besties from high school, and enjoyed a lovely dinner at Mi Cocina and headed to the show.  We were all so close in high school and sadly, we rarely get to see each other anymore, but you know they are great friends when it feels like nothing has changed.  Not everyone was there (boo), but we still had a blast!  I brought my scrapbook from my senior year... hilarious.  Forgot to take a pic at the restaurant, so we're short a few girls...

It felt so weird to be back and WATCHING the show.  Man, I miss performing....  I LOVED performing!  I LOVED dancing!  How in the world did we used to be so flexible??...I used to be able to kick my leg so high I'd hit my nose.  I could comfortably sit in the splits and do homework.  I don't think I could kick much higher than 90 degrees without hurting myself.  And the splits... are you kidding???  (I'm second from the right...proof I used to be able to do it.)  I think I should make it my mission to be able to do that again... is that crazy???


I have SO many fun memories with the Highlandettes...and probably a MILLION pictures to prove it.  I hope all those girls are really taking it all in and aren't in such a rush to get out.  It really was such a fun time (despite my many parental disagreements at the time...typical teenager).  We were cracking up at how many of our costumes had bare midriffs...none of them did in the show... or were crushed velvet.  And trust me, there was plenty of spandex as well.  Our "Friday Outfit" was so hideous it was included in the whole 'Walk Down Memory Lane'-type display they had out at the show.

Here a few old pics I had at my house...selection was limited, as most are still at my parents' house.

Good Times, Great Friends, and Wonderful Memories!  Miss you girls!!! xoxo Em

No comments:

Post a Comment