HE IS RISEN, HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!
For Easter, we went up to Dallas this year for a long weekend. We drove up Friday and went straight to Nina's house in Arlington. Had to stop for a "picnic" at Bucky's on the way though. He LOVED having a "picnic" in the back of Mommy's car!
Friday night, Andrew fried fish and we had a big slumber party with my crew, David, Erin, my cousin Lane, and her little boy Parker. Parker is only 6 weeks younger than Carson. They had SOOO much fun playing together!!!
Nina's neighborhood has a great park, so we took the boys over there to play on the playground and go fishing.
I caught this {not so little} critter in front of Nina's house... don't get me wrong, I was terrified of it. I never actually touched it. I had a net.
We fished...
Carson caught a couple completely on his own!
Parker had never fished before and LOVED it!
He stayed interested way longer than Carson did.
Andrew caught a big one!
They loved chasing each other on the playground!
They shared so good!
Saturday morning my parents and Uncle George and Vanessa came and met us for an Easter egg hunt at the neighborhood park.
They were so cute walking together and holding hands.
He picked up about 10 eggs and then just said "I'm done." He gave me his basket and then took off for the playground. Silly kid.
He wasn't too sure about the Easter Bunny. I agree... Easter Bunny's have always been a little creepy.
Uncle Dave got pushing duty for quite a while...
Oh my goodness... this kid could jump on a trampoline FOREVER. They just jumped, chased each other, and played ring-around-the-rosy for a long time!
Sadly, I hadn't seen some of my cousins in almost 2 years... they were all grown up! :-(
Saturday afternoon, we headed back to Dallas for a family photo shoot with my parents and David and Erin. It was fun, and I know we got some cute pics! I'll post later!
I just took this one with my phone as we were leaving.
Sunday the Easter Bunny came and left the traditional Hershey Kiss trail...
He didn't have any trouble figuring out that you can eat that big chocolate rabbit.
Then we went to church... I always LOVE the Easter service at Wilshire!
Carson was SO over pictures by then...
Yay for old friends!
Then it was over to Meme &Dede's with all my dad's side of the family.
Enjoying lunch with Cousin Rylan...
The boys loved playing the piano!
Lots of good ones in that 'ole Baptist Hymnal! He turned right to Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. :-)
He was REALLY into it!
This was the first Dallas trip in a long time where I got to see most of my family and actually get to get a good visit in. YAY!!!





Pictures are precious! C looked like he had a blast with all the kids!
ReplyDelete