And now... the weekly fruit analogy... a CANTALOUPE!!! When I first saw that, I was like "holy crap!", that's huge!!! Well, he's definitely growing because his momma sure is! :-)

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
A few tidbits about my habits/preferences/observations at Week 20:
-Carbs are my friend! I have been CRAVING carbs like no one's business. Specifically, ramen noodles and Kraft macaroni & cheese. :-) I ate a whole pack of ramen and a whole box of mac & cheese in the same day... plus my regular meals. I know I'll regret this later, but will enjoy for now.
-Milano cookies are also my friend. I'm embarrassed to admit that the bag we bought at Walmart on Sunday was gone by Monday night. :-( Again, I will regret this.
-The "no meat on Friday during Lent" thing has become my friend. It gives me an excuse to eat a whole cheese pizza in one day. What do you expect when you can get 4 for $12?!? :-)
-I am still loving my fruit smoothies in the morning. Anything fruit flavored is so refreshing!
-Because my eating habits are getting out of hand, and I feel completely lazy, I have started working out again. Taking it easy, of course. Since the weather is getting nice, we have been going on walks in the evening or been doing something on the Exercise on Demand channel. All that stuff is free and you can do something different everyday if you want. I quickly realized this when I went to visit Meghan in Denver. When I got winded from walking up all the stairs to the upper level at the Nuggets game, I knew something needed to change. Andrew & I were hard core P90X this past summer, but after I got sent to Las Vegas at the end of July for 3 weeks, I really never got back into it. That's a long time to not have any sort of regular exercise routine. I was okay with the 'I'm exhausted' excuse during my 1st Trimester, but there really is no excuse now. With the endurance needed for labor and all the baby-lifting to come, it was high time I got myself back in better shape.
-I used to sleep on my side, but then was having back pain and a massage therapist told me to try to start sleeping on my back. I trained myself to do that and started having the best sleep ever, and a lot less back pain. Well, then I got pregnant and they tell you not to sleep on your back, especially after the 1st Trimester. So, here we go again... retraining myself to sleep on my side again. It's not comfortable unless there's a pillow between my legs, but the little pillow doesn't ever want to stay put. I'm getting there though.
-I'm starting to notice the physical limitations/inconveniences that occur during pregnancy. Sometimes it seems hard to roll over or get up off the ground or couch. Bending over to shave or pick up something isn't as easy or as comfortable as it used to be.
-I think our little guy has found where my bladder is and likes to play tricks on me. Not very nice Little Man!
-I generally seem to have quite a bit of energy, which is amazing given the serious cut back on caffeine. It's either one cup of coffee or none at all.
-I'm highly sensitive to sounds, whether it be volume related or just sounds that irritate me.
That's it for now... looking forward to what the second half of this pregnancy holds! :-)
I have pretty much the EXACT cravings/dislikes/issues as you! So funny! Loving the ramen noodles and mac and cheese AND the fruit! And have you heard of the Boppy Pregnancy Pillow?? It's the best thing EVER! It's shaped like an S and AWESOME! http://www.buy.com/prod/boppy-total-body-pillow/q/listingid/68456070/loc/20269/213436821.html
ReplyDeleteYou will love it! :)
Well... maybe you are having a boy too! You've been freezing too, right??? One of my other friends who's having a boy and myself have freezing all the time. No, I haven't heard of that pillow... I have for the baby, but not for pregnancy. Will definitely have to check that out!
ReplyDelete