Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blueberry Explosion!!!

!!!WARNING!!!...this isn't pretty....

Okay, so the strangest thing just happened. As I've mentioned before in previous posts, I am LOVING fruit right now. I make a frozen fruit and soy milk smoothie many mornings for breakfast. This morning was like no other. I made some toast and my usual smoothie and was sitting at the table enjoying it while watching the Early Show on CBS (because I got so fed up with Diane Sawyer during the Election that I vowed not to watch Good Morning America again...yeah, I know she's not there anymore, but anyways, our local CBS guys are better than the local ABC guy/gal, so that's that).

So the toast was down and so was about half of the smoothie when all of the sudden I got that unsettling feeling mid-way down my throat/top of my chest that implied that this smoothie may not stay in my stomach. Mind you, I NEVER got "sick" once during my 1st Trimester. I don't just get "sick" unless I've got some killer stomach bug. Sadly, the only times I usually got "sick" were the day after a "long night"... which, don't worry Mom & Dad... those days are long over and were infrequent. Anyways, so I think I sat there for just a couple of seconds too long debating if I really was going to throw up. Well, while I was thinking about it, my stomach decided to give me a little hint of what was going to come. So, I high tail it to the bathroom, tripping over two black dogs, some cowboy boots, and who knows what else. Let's just say that I really could have used those couple seconds while I was debating whether or not to the bathroom.

If it had been red, you would have thought someone got murdered in my bathroom. But instead, it looked like Violet Beauregarde, the little girl on Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory that turned into a giant blueberry, had abscessed and exploded in MY bathroom. My NEW, crisp white shower curtain and white bath mat were covered, the floor was covered, in/on/behind the toilet was covered, all three walls managed to get a little coverage, the door frame and wall going into the bathroom was covered, the cabinets... I don't think I drank that much smoothie, so it must have multiplied in my stomach before the explosion.



Right after it happened and I looked around to see the aftermath, I kind of just started laughing. This projectile vomit mess was pretty impressive. I debated taking a picture for Andrew because I know he would find it funny (so long as there was nothing wrong with me or the little guy). He has been in a similar situation before, so I know he would understand. That is a story that will NOT be told on this blog. :-) The other thing I thought about was that I would probably see this crime scene again, except that it might be a little more of a brownish color. I have heard some mom stories about this fabled thing called projectile pooping. Ahh... so much to look forward to. If we arelucky enough to not experience that, I do know kids get sick, so I'll definitely see it coming out of the top end, probably quite a few times. Anyways, cleanup was pretty painless, just took a little while.

I'm not sure why this happened. I didn't at all feel sick before. I don't feel sick now. I never did feel sick. I think I may have just been drinking it way too fast. Who knows? Obviously if it happens again, I may need to call the nurse station just to make sure it couldn't be something harmful.

Hopefully I didn't spoil your breakfast or lunch!?!?! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't feel sick. I think your descriptive words painted enough of a purple picture! I liked your comparison to Violet Beauregarde exploding. Hope it doesn't happy again -

    ReplyDelete