Monday, August 16, 2010

Part 2 - Introducing Carson Daniel Peters!

Let the cuteness begin!!!...I got my name from a couple places. My mom and dad both liked the name Carson and then found out that it's Scottish and meant "son of a marsh dweller." If that's not appropriate, I don't know what is!!! Daniel is my paternal grandfather's middle name, Robert Daniel (but we all know he goes by "Dan"). It's also a good Bible name (Hebrew) and means "God is my judge."

After I was born, my mommy and daddy wanted some special time with just me, so we they made all my grandparents wait out in the waiting room for about an hour. Dr. Bost let them know everything was okay, but that they had to wait a little while. Apparently, my grandma Wannie was trying to bribe the nurses to find out my name, but they kept their mouth shut. Next time, maybe she should have offered more than $20! :-) Mommy and Daddy noticed right away that I had my daddy's chin, dimples, lips, eyelashes, and sideburns. Yes, I was lucky to be born with a head full of hair and complementing sideburns. I like to make a serious face where I curl my lip up, so I guess you could call me "Elvis!" FYI - That was Daddy's nickname in high school. They're not quite sure whose nose and eyes I have, but I have a feeling I'll start to resemble someone more as I get older. I do have very big hands and feet though like my mommy. My great-grandpa, Papa, also has big feet. I'm built more like my mommy with long arms and legs. I guess you could say I'm a pretty good blend of both. They keep telling me I am the most beautiful thing they have ever seen. I think they are still in awe that I am finally here. I know they are so thankful that I had 10 fingers and 10 toes and am as healthy as can be. I ended up being jaundice, but that's very common. Both my mom, dad, and Uncle Dave all had jaundice, so we weren't too concerned. I did have to "tan" under the light at the hospital for a while and then had to wear a "Bili-Blanket" at home for a week. I hated that thing! My daddy called it my "Laser Vest." They'll post a picture later. Anyways, back to when I was first born...

My mommy wanted to feed me as soon as possible, and boy was I hungry! I had no problems figuring out how that whole eating thing worked. I know mommy was so happy that she didn't really have any problems with the whole breastfeeding thing. The only real issue we have is that I liked to curl my bottom lip under really tight when I was inside mommy, and I still like to do that. Apparently it hurts her. She keeps trying to curl it back out, but then I just put it back where I like it. Leave me alone already! Sometimes I am so hungry that I eat way too fast. Have you ever tried gulping in that position, it's kind of tough. Sometimes I eat too fast, gag a little bit, and then spit it back out. Mom's trying to feed me before I get SO hungry, that way I don't gulp so fast. Anyways, back to more interesting things... ME!

My mommy is a picture-taking fool who doesn't like to edit and narrow down her pictures. She takes multiple pictures of the exact same shot, but still won't delete any, SO... since the blog can't support all the amazing pictures of me, she has set up a Shutterfly account where she will post all of her pictures of our family. Check it out... http://thepeterspack.shutterfly.com

Here are the first pictures of me with my grandparents and Uncle Dave at the hospital.

Wannie



Grandmother Jane (we don't have nickname yet)



Granddaddy Tim (we don't have a nickname yet)



Papi





Uncle Dave



Some of Mommy's favorite pictures from the Hospital...Again, check out http://thepeterspack.shutterfly.com for lots more pictures!




























































Next Up... Headed Home!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the post! Seems like Carson and the fam are doing great! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, precious, precious! You are one heck of a writer for a four-week old, Carson! Grady wants me to tell you 'hi' and he says that he has a lot of fun things planned for the two of you over Thanksgiving! We all love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete