Thursday, May 16, 2013

Surprise!!!

Now that that it is "Facebook Official", I can finally publish some of the blog posts written up to this point that have patiently been waiting in "Draft" form until we got more into the "safe zone". 
 
So, here's the first one from the day I found out we were expecting again...
 
*************
 
Certainly wasn't expecting this today (3/26/13)....

 
I didn't even realize that I was late until I looked at my calendar.  As you know, we found out we were pregnant last September and then miscarried at around 10 weeks.  Initially I thought that as soon as I had the "all clear" to start trying again, I would be ready too.  Emotionally I was ready.  I had accepted what had happened and was okay with it, but something in me just said to slow down.  There wasn't a rush.  I feel like I was in such a rush to get pregnant with #2 that I had forgotten to embrace and enjoy all the fun things we were experiencing with Carson.  I was so full of 'baby fever' that I didn't realize how much fun Carson was at this stage.  Once I realized that, I was no longer in a hurry.  Additionally, if we had gotten pregnant right off the bat, it would have meant having a baby during Andrew's busy time of year. 
 
Then, as most of you know, on December 1st, our house was broken into while we were home by a crazy, doped up guy with a knife.  After that happened, I was SO thankful I wasn't pregnant.  My stress level during that event and in the days to follow was through the roof, which definitely would not have been good for a baby.  Further, in January we started doing the work on our house to fix what was messed up, along with pretty much a full blown kitchen remodel.  There have been paint fumes, lifting stuff, LOTS of dust, stress of living in a completely disorganized house, etc.  Again, SO thankful that I wasn't pregnant when all of this was going on.  As with so many things in life, maybe in some weird way, our miscarriage in the fall was a blessing in disguise.
 
This was also my first year as a Manager at work and we have lots of new staff.  Being 8-9 months pregnant during busy season did not sound fun and leaving during busy season to go on maternity leave would have caused a little anxiety for everyone.
 
 Of course, if I had been pregnant during all of this, I know that He would have gotten me through it, but I'm just convinced that everything has happened according to His timing. 
 
We had been 'playing it safe' if you will ever since the miscarriage and thought that we'd quit playing it safe when getting pregnant meant a baby born sometime after Christmas, preferably February or really any time in the spring. 
 
Well... apparently it only takes not playing it safe one time at the right time to wind up pregnant.  I was pretty sure it was not my "fertile time", but apparently it was.  Whoops!!! ;-) I have to admit, I kind of always wanted to get pregnant that way... more fun! :-) 
 
While I am THRILLED to be blessed with being a mommy again, having lost a baby, I already feel a lot more anxiety this time around.  I don't feel like I am allowing myself to be too excited yet, which is unfortunate.  For most people, finding out you are pregnant is such an exciting time, but as excited as I am, I have never been more fearful as well.  With Carson, I think I was in pregnancy la-la land and the thought of something happening never even hardly crossed my mind.  Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
 
Please keep us in your prayers.  Pray for the health of this baby and that we can enjoy the miracle that is being created inside of me instead of fearing what could happen again.
 
I did the math with one of the online due date calculators and our due date should be somewhere between November 28th and December 3rd!  Looks like I could possibly be sharing my birthday with this little one or we could be having Thanksgiving in the hospital!
 
******************
 
I'm so glad the Big Brother shirt I bought last fall still fit!  I was hopeful he'd be able to wear it again soon, and he got to!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy for you, Andrew and Carson!! After I saw the announcement on fb I immediately came to the blog hoping for more detail...lol! I'm excited to follow along as baby#2 grows! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I'm so so happy for you guys! I know the anticipation after experiencing losses. It isn't easy. Just stay calm and pray for your children.

    Also, I'm so sorry that I was't aware of your loss. This makes my tummy hurt. I guess I was in the trenches of newborn-hood all over again and wasn't reading much.

    After our 20 week loss, I was a mess. I still get panic attacks when reading about loosing children. But something (besides Bible Study) that really helped me with my craziness was having a doppler at home. They are inexpensive. I would listen every day. I'd wake up so anxious but then listen to his heart beat and feel confident all day. Some people say it would make them crazy, but it really helped me.

    P.S. Have you heard of The Shettles Method? If this was not your "fertile time" it may be a girl!!! Who knows!!

    Again, so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so unbelievably excited for you guys!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, you already know how FREAKING EXCITED I am for you. :) haha Continued prayers for you and baby..and for your mind to be a FULL peace. love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily,
    This is Jessica (Avery) Brown from wilshire days. Angela was sharing your exciting news with me and connected me to your blog. I am so thrilled to hear your news of #2. I remembering seeing photos of you with Carson and you were just beautiful. I also write to send my compassion to you and understanding as my husband and I have also gone through loss. We started trying around 3 years ago and 3 losses later still do not have our promise yet. I know the Lord is faithful and has told us he will provide. I know for us as well he has been perfect in his timing as you had talked about in your post. I have been surrounded by babies galore @ our church for the last 3 years but the Lord is showing me he does not want me to be one of many but one of a kind. So my time will come i know it's just waiting in hope for it to blossom. Trust me, though, I did not get this attitude without much prayer and encouragement from my friends. We've been on a journey of anger, bitterness, frustration, and joy stolen, but have been growing in contentment in the Lord through our faith being built up. We have seen him come through with a house, a new job for josh, providing for us so we can do this training school with our church, providing all the funds for our Dominican Republic trip, and countless other ways he's shown himself alive and active. I wanted to encourage you in this: The Lord sees your heart and knows your desires. He is walking with you through this. James 1:2-3 says" Consider it joy brothers when you encounter trials for the testing of your faith produces perseverance. You and Andrew are going to come out of this pregnancy with tried and true faith . He wants to bring forth the pure gold of tried faith. A little nugget with that is in 1 Peter 1:6-7 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Keep believing he will see this one through. I know it can be scary to think it could really happen when you know and have experienced it gone with in an instant but the Lord will be your rock. Your Strength and guidance. Trust and Hope in who HE is. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need someone to talk too or share with. I'm an open book. I will be lifting y'all up in prayer and believing for full term healthy life, in JESUS name!

    my e-mail is lilbrown7806@yahoo.com

    Thanks for sharing your story,

    Jess Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so far behind, but wanted to say "YEAH!!!!!!" So so happy for y'all! Carson is going to make a great big bro!

    ReplyDelete