Not much to report here. Heart beat was a strong 158 and everything looks to be as it should. I've gained a little more weight than may be considered "normal" (~1 lb a week) since my last appointment, but he said I probably needed to and certainly wasn't bothered by it. I blamed the OREOs and he said they call his name in the middle of the night too, so I was glad that I wasn't alone. :-) He said that some of it is also water weight since I've certainly noticed some swelling in the last couple weeks and can feel my feet swelling as I sit at my desk.
Two people have told me recently that they think I am carrying "so low" and think she'll be early.... well, Dr. Bost said that second babies are often carried different and not to read into how I'm carrying to suggest that I'll deliver early. I have to say, I wouldn't mind a little early though! I do NOT want to miss Thanksgiving Dinner!
I've also been having some pretty severe sciatica.... this little girl is literally a pain in my rear!!! Sorry, sweetie!!! It's pretty bad during the day when I get up from sitting at my computer, but it just about was unbearable after my brother's wedding. I guess that's what I get for dancing WAY too much for a preggo! I pretty much could barely walk when we got back to the house that evening. Luckily a little Tylenol and some much needed sleep did the trick (at least for a little while!).
Our appointments are now every 3 weeks instead of 5 since, as Dr. Bost put it, "We're running out of pregnancy!" I have to go in before the next one and do the oh-so-fun glucose test. YUCK.
Definitely getting into the home stretch... I think the 3rd trimester starts pretty soon (Week 28 maybe?... depends on what source you look at). I've sold all the furniture in what used to be my office, so as soon as the lady gets the bed, I can really start trying to tackle the nursery project. There's still quite a few boxes of office stuff and other junk to go through, and I need to clean out a closet, but I'm certainly feeling like we might actually have a room for her before she gets here. Now, I just need to invent some new weekends between now and then because we seriously have something EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND between now and November. I know that alone is going to make the time fly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment