Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello, 3rd Trimester!

I am officially in the 3rd trimester, or at least my little "What to Expect..." tracker says so.  28 weeks today!

I am certainly feeling very 3rd trimester.  The blissful days of the 2nd trimester are behind us and now the feet & hand swelling, can't sleep, always have to pee, can't get comfortable, holy crap! we will have a newborn in 3 months phase has set in! 

Too much physical exertion (whether it be dancing or cleaning) makes my sciatica flare up REALLY bad.  I don't remember having any sciatic nerve issues at all with Carson, but MAN, it's been a literal 'pain in the ass' with this little girl!  The swelling has commenced and many of my work days are now spent on the chaise end of our couch versus sitting at my desk.  I could barely move after dancing all night at my brother's wedding and could barely move after cleaning the farm.   Thank goodness Tylenol is allowed, even though I'm sure it's not nearly as good as many other OTC pain meds. 

I'm in the "sympathy" stage of pregnancy where random strangers make comments like, "Oh, girl, you should be the one in that buggy."  (versus Carson at HEB)  I have a feeling they would be surprised to know that I still have 12 weeks to go!  I definitely look and feel like I should be in my 8th month versus 7th.

I can't comfortably wear my Aggie ring... which I hate since football season just started.  Gig 'Em!

Little Miss is VERY active, which I still just find so fascinating!!  I'm in that creepy, it looks like there's an alien in my stomach phase.  Sometimes she's subtle in her movements, other times, not so much.

I guess it's the Braxton Hicks, but I'm certainly experiencing a lot of tummy tightening.  It gets hard as a rock!

The count down is certainly on and there is SO much to do.... like an entire nursery and get all the necessary newborn stuff either out of the attic or purchased.  I have all kinds of cute outfits for her to wear next summer, but not one Pampers Swaddlers diaper or basic onesie (well, I do, they are just "boy" ones).  Time is flying FOR. SURE.



1 comment:

  1. I have sciatic pain with my running. When it flares up, Try sitting on a tennis ball and rolling it around on the side of your butt that hurts. It helps me- might help you too?

    ReplyDelete