I jumped out of my comfort zone and did something pretty uncharacteristic... I went out on a limb and joined Rodan + Fields, the dermatologists who created Proactiv, as an Independent Consultant!!! I'm super excited about this new little venture and look forward to everything I hope it will bring!!
I first found out about Rodan + Fields through a few posts on Facebook and really didn't pay too much attention. I have used Proactiv, so I knew that it was a legit (and VERY successful company), but I didn't realize they had an anti-aging, more "adult" line of products. They had been sold in high-end department stores and were the top seller at Nordstrom before they decided to move to a direct selling model. I certainly didn't know until recently what a fresh and growing company it was! I also remembered reading about a childhood friend who I used to babysit joining, and she was very enthusiastic and it all sounded great, but I've got a full time job and anything in "sales" really didn't sound like something I was up for. I certainly didn't want to be involved in a business where you had to stock inventory or host parties every month so I did not even consider finding out more about it. (Turns out you DON'T do either of those things!)
I've been doing the same thing for the last {almost} 8 years and have been extremely blessed to have a great job with a company that has given me extreme flexibility. While my 'real' office is in downtown Houston (~100 miles away), I work from home pretty much all the time and just go in when needed or 1-2 times a month. Having this flexibility, especially with a young child has been incredible. For that, I am eternally grateful. While working from home certainly has WAY more pros than cons, there certainly are things about it that are challenging. For me personally, I finally realized how lonely I was. I REALLY missed interacting with people.
Here's where timing is everything.... One evening I had my "moment" where I really just knew that I needed to get out of my rut and put myself out there and go out on a limb... I'm not looking for a new job or anything, but I just needed to get OUT there and find an outlet that allowed me to interact with people, challenge myself, and feel some sense of purpose and satisfaction at the end of the day. Well, the morning after this "moment" I received a Facebook message out of the blue from a girl that I grew up with. We went to the same school from elementary through college. This was the same girl I used to babysit and had just stumbled across her blog at some point and had seen her Rodan + Fields post about how huge of a blessing it has been for her family. The timing was just a little too perfect to NOT take her up on the offer to hear more. I had nothing to lose by quick phone call!
Here's where timing is everything.... One evening I had my "moment" where I really just knew that I needed to get out of my rut and put myself out there and go out on a limb... I'm not looking for a new job or anything, but I just needed to get OUT there and find an outlet that allowed me to interact with people, challenge myself, and feel some sense of purpose and satisfaction at the end of the day. Well, the morning after this "moment" I received a Facebook message out of the blue from a girl that I grew up with. We went to the same school from elementary through college. This was the same girl I used to babysit and had just stumbled across her blog at some point and had seen her Rodan + Fields post about how huge of a blessing it has been for her family. The timing was just a little too perfect to NOT take her up on the offer to hear more. I had nothing to lose by quick phone call!
One thing that had caught my attention from the Facebook posts I had seen was just that everyone genuinely seemed to be having fun doing this and everything was so positive! She explained the business model and probably the biggest seller for me was that as a consultant, I had a 60 day money back guarantee. If I gave it a shot and didn't think it would be a good fit, then that was that, and I could get my money back. The products also have a 60 day money back guarantee. Taking that financial risk out of the question, certainly made it an even more enticing proposition.
Back to the timing thing, I certainly questioned if this was something that I had time for. While the consultants consist of both stay at home moms AND full time career women (and everything in between), the fact that I will soon to be on maternity leave for several months really just was the cherry on top. While on leave, I feel like I will have the time to get this up and running without taking away from my full-time career. The timing really did seem too perfect to not give this a shot. I intend for it to be something I can do on the side, really enjoy, and hopefully make a little money.
I am just starting my journey with Rodan + Fields, but am so excited to see what it brings! I love that everyone really wants EVERYONE to succeed and there is so much positive encouragement and training along the way!
If this is something that peaks your interest, even just teeny tiny bit, I would LOVE to share more about it with you. There are so many people that this company has been a blessing for, and I know it will be for mine as well. Even if we haven't talked in forever (or ever!), don't let that stop you. I was approached by someone who I hadn't talked to in over 10 years, and like I said, the timing was just perfect, and we have really enjoyed reconnecting! Leave me a comment or send me a FB message, and I'll be happy to get back with you.
If you aren't interested in the business side of things, please check out our amazing skincare regimens! You can check them out on my website HERE.
If you are interested in saving 10% and getting FREE SHIPPING (who doesn't love that!), just let me know, and I'll get you set up as a Preferred Customer! I'll be doing a raffle giveaway for some of the first people to sign up as "PC"... stay tuned for details!
If you aren't familiar with the products and want to get a customized recommendation on which regimen or product line is best for you, check our Solutions Tool HERE.
Thank you so much for your support! Again, if you'd like to join me on this journey so that we can reach our goals together, I'd be thrilled to share more with you!!



No comments:
Post a Comment