Monday, October 14, 2013

My Favorite Things

Two of Carson's favorite songs for me to sing are from the Sound of Music.  First, it was Edelweiss, then my mom sang him "My Favorite Things", i.e. "Raindrops on Roses", and he fell in love.  So, in honor of Carson's new favorite song, "My Favorite Things," I thought I'd post a few of mine right now.

Local Honey - Why did I just start buying this???  I use it to sweeten plain yogurt and my coffee & tea.  I also love it on toast, or just straight out of the bottle on my finger. :-)  So far I've tried Bernard's Acadiana Honey and Rudy's Honey.  Love!!
  
 
 
Dog Tag Silencers - I'm overly sensitive to sounds that bug me.  Trust me, ask Andrew or my mom.  They know certain sounds absolutely will drive me crazy.  One of those sounds was the dogs shaking in the morning when they woke up and hearing their LOUD tags clanking together.  It always was SO early too.  I don't know why this drives me crazy, but it does.  So, I bought these.  I'm in heaven.  This inventor is a genius.  So simple, yet solves a problem.  Now, if only we could stop Shooter's "talking" in the morning or the barking at EVERYTHING during the day....


Pregnancy Tea - At my last massage, the masseuse was telling me about how her midwife highly recommended red raspberry leaf tea for pregnant ladies.  Labor with Carson was anything but easy, and apparently this stuff helps strengthen your uterus and can make labor faster and less painful.  The tea I got actually tastes good too (with my couple swirls of local honey!).  Who knows if it actually works or not, but I just drink it too to have something different during the day.  I love water, but it is nice to have something with flavor here and there.  One of my best friend's doulas also recommended she drink it towards the end of her pregnancy, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  I asked my doctor and he didn't have any opposition to me having a cup or two a day.



Pretty much every R+F product I have started using.  This stuff is pretty amazing!!!  I love the REDEFINE regimen, but also can't get over how soft my skin is after doing a mini-facial (the Micro-Dermabrasion Paste & Night Renewing Serum).  Amazing!!   I used the Macro Exfoliator (Macro-E) the other day for the first time, and WOW!  Check out the filter when I was done!!



Applesauce... ask my mom.  I've always loved applesauce, especially cinnamon applesauce.  And grilled cheese.   :-)

This little, lap top lap desk...  I love the little slide out for the mouse.  Sitting at my desk is no longer that comfortable (hello, cankles!), so this is perfect for the bed, the chaise on the couch, or in the car!!





2 comments:

  1. You are BRAVE for posting those skin cells... Now you have the pregnancy AND beautiful skin glow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this! Always looking for fun new things!

    ReplyDelete