Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Introducing Elizabeth Jane!!!

She's here!!!
 
A week ago today, on November 26th at 7:39am,
Miss Elizabeth Jane Peters made her debut into this world.

9lbs 7oz
20" long

Unlike her brother, she actually looks like she is our child (at least in terms of coloring). :-) She has a HEAD FULL of beautiful, dark brown hair and olive skin. Her eyebrows and eyelashes are dark too, so I'm thinking this hair color is here to stay! Carson's was brown too, but as we all know, it fell out and came in blonde. In comparing baby pictures of Carson, they do favor. They have the same nose and mouth. She also had manicure-worthy nails coming out. She's just PERFECT!!!

 
 


 




 


 
 
 
 



 
Sweet Big Bro!  I missed him!
 
 
 




 
Getting Ready to Head Home
  
 
 
Beautiful Baby Girl!!
 
 
 Miss Elizabeth's name has significant meaning to me.  I love classic, traditional names, and what better than to honor her grandmother and great-grandmothers.  My paternal grandmother is Elizabeth, which was also my middle name that I dropped when I got married.  My maternal grandmother is Nell Jane and my mother is Jane.  I know that both of my grandmothers were absolutely elated when they learned her name.  That alone sealed the deal for me.  I feel so blessed that Elizabeth Jane will be able to meet her namesakes.  My mom and aunt have done a significant amount of research on Ancestry.com and on both sides of the family, Elizabeth and Jane are probably two of the most commonly used names.  My mom's great-grandmother was Elizabeth Jane (I think, or it may be her great-great grandmother).
 
My birthday is November 25th and for a little while there, I really thought we'd be sharing a birthday, but she had other plans.  She wanted her own day, and who can blame her?  It is my (not-so-little anymore) cousin Claire's birthday though!  They are exactly 20 years a part!  Even though we won't share a birthday, it is the BEST present I could have ever asked for!!!

For fun, here's a quick comparison of Carson & Elizabeth at a couple days old...

 
Her "fast and furious" birth story coming up!

2 comments: