Monday, January 11, 2010

1st "Real" Appointment...

Our first "real" appointment, and by "real" I mean with the doctor, was December 28. Much to my pleasant surprise, we got to see our little baby to confirm how far along I was! According to the ultrasound, I was right on schedule for a 7/27/2010 due date. At the time, that put me at 9 weeks, 6 days. Tomorrow will actually be 12 weeks (I'm a little behind in my writing, but getting there). The heart beat was 173 beats/minute and the little guy/girl was about 3 cm long. The legs were kickin' and he/she was quite lively! :-) Many of the screen shots while we were there really looked like a little person, but unfortunately the picture they took doesn't really look like too much yet, but nonetheless, it's a baby and it's in there! Things are progressing as they should, just keep praying that this little one continues to develop on track and is healthy. I'm excited that I will be 12 weeks tomorrow! I finally feel like we've finally reached that "safe" zone. Our next appointment isn't until February 1st. By then I'll be 15 weeks. I don't think we are scheduled to get an ultrasound then, but I wish we could see our little one because I know he/she will be so much more developed and human-looking. My dad thinks the last ultrasound looked like a hamster...thanks Dad, that's just how I want to think of my baby! :-)

Everyone wants to know if we are finding out the sex. I say "no" and Andrew says "yes", so the answer is most likely going to be "no". To me, there are so few big surprises like that in life and the excitement/anticipation factor would just be so much greater. I have to admit, that if I didn't love green so much, I may have been an easier push over to find out, but I'm totally cool with a green nursery. I just want to hear those words, "Congratulations, you have a healthy baby ______!" Wanda thinks we will have all girls and I think she's got Andrew convinced too. A couple of days ago, he said that in his dream, it was a baby girl. We'll see, I'm hoping I get some hunches a little farther along.

No comments:

Post a Comment