Thursday, January 7, 2010

The First Few Weeks...

To my (thankful) surprise, pregancy so far hasn't been too bad. All the books I got talk about how miserable morning sickness is and luckily, I haven't experienced too much of that. I've been exhausted, but the nausea seemed to be limited to week 6. Even then, it was more just have a queasy stomach sitting in my throat versus full-blown nausea and vomiting. According to Andrew, I've also had some serious "mood swings", to put it politely. His description of some of my behavior is more along the lines or rhyming with "itchy." :-) Reducing my caffine intake to one cup of coffee in the morning also seemed to play a major role in my headaches, fatigue, and moodiness. Thank goodness I have a reasonable doctor who isn't one of those who scares you in to thinking one cup of coffee with damage your child. He's been around long enough to know that the moderation approach is perfectly fine. After almost 8 weeks, my caffine "addiction" finally seems to be under control. I'm to the point now that some days I don't even have a cup, and I'm not suffering of a migrine my mid-morning. Now that I am no longer having withdrawls, this is probably a diet change that I need to keep even after the baby is born. So, aside from the initial caffine withdrawls, wanting to fall asleep at 8:00 (or earlier and often throughout the day), not wanting to get out of bed in the morning, and making frequent trips to the restroom, all has been good and I am SO grateful. My mom said she never really experienced any major morning sickness, so once again, the genetics have been in my favor. First, no problems getting pregnant, and second, no major morning sickness. Now, let's just pray that a healthy, full-term pregancy will also follow in the footsteps of my momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment