Tuesday, February 16, 2010

17 Weeks!

Where has the time gone...17 weeks, really?!?! I am just ecstatic that it is going by so quickly and can't believe that in just a few short months we will have a child... but then I have a reality check/"holy crap" moment. In just a few short months, there will be a BABY...here...at our house...and it's not going anywhere (no return policy here). WOW! That's a lot to take in. As scary as that is, it is also exciting beyond belief. My belly is really starting to take shape, and I really need to get some maternity pants. Luckily, since I work at home the PJs have kept me comfortable for the last few weeks. I have dresses for church and when I go into work, but it just occurred to me that I really don't have anything else. I have one of those Bella band things from Target, but it drives me crazy and I feel like it's always bunching up or not in the right place. I am going to visit my dear friend Meghan in Colorado for a few days and I have NOTHING to wear, at least on my bottom half. A quick trip to Old Navy or Motherhood Maternity may be in store this week, I think those are my only choices around here.

Well, according to my weekly Bump updates, "Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints."

The Bump shows we're at an onion, but I've also seen mango. Either way, it's about 5 inches from crown to rump!


On another clothing note, without getting too personal, I am VERY excited to say that I have finally moved up on the alphabet one notch, if you know what I mean! :-) Whoop! Thanks, and Gig Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment