Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day Three...


Well, it's Day Three of Carson being sick and at home. He came home from school around lunch on Monday and has yet to have his fever under control for 24 hours. We're now on a Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen rotation every 4 hours. The medicine seems to work in bringing it back down (even though we really haven't seen it under mid-100's or 101 for that long). When I checked him last night around 12:30am, it seemed like it had finally broken under the 100.4 mark, so we gave him one more dose of Tylenol and then skipped the middle of the night dose. Mistake. It shot back up this morning and was easily back over 103 and even measured slighly over 104 on a couple of checks. I never know exactly what it is though, seems like I get a different reading each time. My guess is that it's never going to read higher than it actually is though.

We talked to the nurse again yesterday and she said it can take 72 hours after starting the antibiotics to have the fever really under control. If it's not, then we'll likely have to switch meds. Initially, I think we thought that within 24 hours of starting them, his fever should be gone and he'd be good to go. Not the case...

I'm SO thankful that Andrew has been able to stay home the last two days with him. I am SWAMPED with work right now and taking time off just really isn't an option. I just want my sweet baby to get better soon...

1 comment:

  1. awe...so sorry he was feeling so bad! :-( I hope he's good to go by now!!

    ReplyDelete