Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Random Carsonisms

Carson just flat out makes us laugh.  His little voice and choice of words are so funny and sweet sometimes.  Of course, you have to hear it in person, but a few of his sayings or comments lately include:

"That's beautiful."  - Out of nowhere he said this about one of our potted flowers on the back porch.  I've heard him say things are pretty, but beautiful was a new one.

"That's fun." or "This fun." - He just tells himself when he's having a good time.

He just narrates the whole walk to school in the morning.  The birds, I mean doves (he's specific).  The motorcycles.  The flags.  The trees.  The cats.  The pumpkins on people's porches.  The clouds.  The bicyles at the elementary school.  You name it.  He's talking the whole way.

He LOVES the ice cream man.  We've only bought twice, but he knows the sound from a mile away.  We ate dinner outside last night and he started crying because he wanted to "see ice cweam mam."

He's obsessed with me picking up "doggy poop" in the back yard.  He walks all over the yard looking for it and will find the tiniest pieces and tell me "more doggy poop, Mommy.  That's yucky,  or "That's gross."  He will NOT let me not pick some up.  He always finds one more piece after I've put up the pooper scooper.

He has a strangely good memory.  Everytime we talk about the ice cream man, he recalls that "mommy ate bunny rabbit candies."  Yes, he didn't want the Bugs Bunny ice cream thingy he picked out, so I ate it.  He also remembers that "g-ma took bus. Carson hit mommy."  Yes, my mom bought him a little school bus at the museum, but as we were leaving the store, he hit me (he was REALLY tired).  So, G-Ma (as he was randomly calling her that weekend, instead of Gigi) took it away from him, and boy, he hasn't forgotten.

A helicopter flew over our house last night and Andrew told him how cool it was.  So, of course, that's what Carson kept repeating.  "That cool."

I got him one of those Hot Wheels racetracks that goes on the wall and he LOVES it.  He keeps trying to put his Cars cars on it, but "they too big, Mommy."  He'll go through all of his cars and tell me which ones are too big.  For example, "the bus too big, Mommy."

I guess I always say "that's right" when I ask him what something is, so now when he starts talking about something, he automatically adds "that's right" on the end.

At school they say a little prayer before meals and snacks and we let Carson lead the prayers before we eat at home.  It's so sweet to hear him sing, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, thank you, God for feeding me."

I know there's more, but those are some quick ones off the top of my head.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this stage and their little language!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! You'll be so glad you wrote these down! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete