Little Miss is almost 6 months, but thankfully I wrote this right at about 5 months but never uploaded any pics until now (and there's a lot!). :-)
*******
Last Saturday (actually April 26th), Auntie Amanda's wedding day, our little princess turned 5 months! She is an absolute JOY and is smiling just about all the time! She has her moments, but honestly, they are very few and far between. She occasionally gets a little fussy in the evenings when she is really tired, but that's about it. She really is a dream baby and SO happy!!
She's a little roly poly and has gone both ways, but definitely has been rolling more and easier from back to front. She's even become a tummy sleeper about half the time. She'll sleep either way. She is TOTALLY a thumb sucker!!! I know my bank account will hate that down the road when it's time for the orthodontist, but it is so darn cute!! She still takes a paci sometimes when she's trying to fall asleep, but most of the time, she just finds that thumb.
Sleeping wise, she's doing pretty good. Most nights she's down between 8-9pm and will usually sleep through the night (until 6-8am). Just over the last few days though, we've been shooting for between 7-8pm, and she's still sleeping to usually 6:30am. Occasionally she wakes up a little earlier, say between 4 and 5. Naps are not as consistent but hopefully they will be now that she is in day care (don't get me started.... tears flow). She can usually fall asleep whenever and wherever and is totally a go-with-the-flow baby. She's still taking one after each bottle, so currently 3-4 a day, although some are fairly short. We dropped the night swaddle last month some time.
She is super observant and loves to watch whatever is going on around her, especially big bro and the pups. She really follows whatever is in her line of vision and is also a grabber. She reaches and grabs consistently.
I'm still nursing/pumping, but we're supplementing some too. We've sort of started solids, but not too much. I usually try to give her a little cereal or oatmeal in the evenings, but she pretty much spits it right back at me. She's tried bananas and a sweet potato/apple mix, but again, she loves to blow bubbles and spit, so not sure how much is actually going down. She certainly prefers the fruit over oatmeal, but again, we JUST started last week, so she certainly does not have the hang of it yet. I looked back at what Carson was eating by this point and laughed.... he was eating like and offensive lineman!!!
She doesn't like being held like a baby. She wants to see what's going on, whether it be facing forward or over your shoulder. She loves to just stand in your lap while holding your hands. She likes to sit in the walker outside and watch everything. She still loves just sprawling out. The BOB has gotten a lot of use lately and she really enjoys being outside.
Everything goes in her mouth and she's got this crazy tongue thing going on. She also likes to put her feet in her mouth. Delicious! I think she's teething because she just gnaws at her hands and certain toys.
She never lost that gorgeous hair but it is coming in blonde/very light brown.... I can't believe it! I wanted it to stay really dark but it looks like she may go through a period where it's lighter. I know my brother and I both had lighter hair when we were little. It's also super curly when wet, but definitely dries pretty straight. We still can't tell about those eyes. They still look dark grey-ish. Carson's were clearly blue by this point, so I'm interested to see how they may change over the next 6+ months.
I don't have height/weight stats, but I think she's long and lean. Carson was a CHUNK at this point, but she certainly isn't....she's a sweet thing though, oh my goodness!!!
Time for picture overload....
Just a swangin'
That tongue...
Brother love...
Nina lovin'
Beautiful babies in the bluebonnets...
Grayson loved Elizabeth!
Rockin' the white trash camo walker at the farm...
Papi!!
Another blanket sucker?
Melt...
Toledo Bend trailer pics!
A-dor-a-ble...
Chillin' by the lake
Hoppy Easter!
Look who we found at church in Hemphill...Mrs. Phyllis!!! We love you!!
Overrated...
5 Months!!!!
Check it out... coming in blonde/light brown. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment