
Finally...a tooth....a real tooth has started to emerge from those sweet little gums. I've been convinced he was teething for 3 months with the waves of drool and constant knawing, but I finally can see and feel a real tooth, not an imaginary one! Can I get an Amen?!? I had heard that if there is a really fussy or out of the ordinary spell, it could mean teething, but it may be 2-3 weeks before there was any proof. Well, about 2-3 weeks ago, our generally happy-go-lucky little man was VERY fussy, not sleeping well, etc. Yes, Jill's (our nanny's) first day on the job was one of Carson's worst days in a long time. "Hi, welcome to your new job. I promise he's not usually like this." Everything is cool now though. Additionally, this past weekend he wasn't his usual 7pm - 6/7am self either. That may have been in part to having his first plane ride (He was a rock star!) and being in some place other than home. He woke up every night around midnight wanting to nurse, which I happily obliged since actual nursing isn't as common these days with me going back to work. For the record, this first tooth will be his bottom, front right tooth. Supposedly, it is common for them to come in 2's. I can't quite tell, but it looks like the one to the right (not the other bottom, front left) might be next. We'll see though. I would LOVE to get a picture, but I don't think they recommend putting one of those big, plastic, mouth-opening devices on an (almost) 6-month old. Remember those horrible things from the braces phase in junior high. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment