Wednesday, October 26, 2011

W.O.W.

How do I even begin to describe the weekend I just had?!?!?


This past weekend I "went fishing" at the Holy Family Retreat Center in Beaumont serving on an ACTS team with 39 of my Sisters in Christ. We welcomed 41 new ladies into our family. WOW! That about sums it up...

We spent the weekend in fellowship, prayer, song, reflection, sharing, etc. We don't share details of the weekend because, as we describe it, it's like a Christmas present. If you already knew what was in the box, it would spoil the surprise. What I can say is that the Holy Spirit was alive and kickin'! The Spirit was at work in so many women's lives, both retreatants and team members. It is SO amazing to be able to witness so many "ah ha" moments and transformations. Burdens were lifted and hearts were opened. I truly believe that each person makes their retreat when they are supposed to. That was evident by how a certain talk touched someone's life, a certain connection with a Sister was made, etc. I feel the same way about this team. Many ladies haven't had their name drawn in the past, but had it drawn for this team. This was the first time I put my name in. I missed the deadline the last go round, but it turned out that with my work schedule, Andrew's 30th birthday party, Carson's 1st birthday party, etc., this was much better timing. I also instantly connected to several ladies that I truly feel were placed in my life.

"For We Walk by Faith, Not By Sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

This was the theme for the weekend. How easy is it to get caught up in life and worry about things that are truly out of our control? Pretty easy. Our theme was such a great reminder that we must rely on our faith, not the things we can see/touch/think we can control, etc.

This ministry has been such a blessing for our parish and has had a tremendous impact on our community. I am so thankful to have been a part of it and look forward to serving again in the future.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA - I love your zero-shame hair styling techniques. He's so handsome. (P.S. I opened up our family blog again so hopefully I'll be able to update more about Grady, Carson's long-lost BFF.)
    Hope all is well. XOXO

    ReplyDelete