Wednesday, August 1, 2012

So What Wednesday!

So what if every time I do the grocery shopping at HEB I come home with sushi, of which, I usually eat before 10:00am the next day.

So what if I changed Carson while he was standing up in a McDonald's bathroom.  I purposely chose McD's because I THOUGHT they'd have a changing table.  Nope.  Won't be stopping at the McD's in Crockett, TX again until C is potty-trained (even though everyone was nice and it was new & clean).

So what if I have my iPad set up on my desk so I can stream the Olympics... I love the Olympics!

So what if I cry every time they show an emotional Olympic athlete or share an emotional story.  How could the moment you realize you are the BEST in the WORLD not be emotional (i.e. Missy Franklin in swimming)... or if you have been training your entire life for this moment and it goes wrong (i.e. Jordyn Wieber not being able to compete in the gymnastics Individual All-Around).  For some reason, I feel like I celebrate these victories and suffer defeat with these athletes. 

So what if I think watching Women's Table Tennis is HILARIOUS, especially the instant replays.  These girls are SERIOUS and really work up a sweat...  Ding Ning (yes, that is her name) of China has a very interesting pre-serve ritual.  And the Chinese fans... WOW... they are into it!

So what if I don't always give Andrew all of his Bass Pro/Cabelas/etc. catalogs.  It's not like we really need any more stuff!

So what if on Carson's picture day, I tried to cover one of his big mosquito bites with my foundation, only to realize how incredibly pale my kiddo is (or that I am tanner than I thought!).

So what if I found it to be quite the accomplishment that I cooked a full meal for my family.  Andrew does the cooking around here and challenged me to do it one night (to prove how much effort/thought goes into this job...which it absolutely does!!!...And, so that he could enjoy playtime with Carson.).  I found a great low-carb meatloaf recipe (we both love meatloaf) and also made cauliflower potatoes (another low-carb side).  I had dinner ready by 6:30 (actually earlier, but that's when we ate) and it actually tasted good.  Go me!  I told Andrew I wanted to do this at least once a week... I need to learn to cook some things!

So what if I'm still working on the thank-you notes from Carson's party two weeks ago.  I'm usually really on top of thank-you notes (as in within a couple days MAX), but for some reason it's taking me a little longer to get them out this time.  They will be done soon...thank you notes are still very important in my book!

So what if I bought the mini popcorn bags to avoid eating a whole big bag... only to end up eating TWO mini bags yesterday... .whoops.  It was good, what can I say!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment