Thursday, August 16, 2012

So What Wednesday

I'm not posting on Wednesday, no biggie!!

I preface the next two statements with the fact that I work from home and the only time I get "dressed up" each week is for church, so "caring" about the following things is a little hard to do.  Plus, around here church isn't a fashion show.  I'm almost always in a dress because I want to be, but plenty are 'come as you are.'

This one is really hard to admit as a girl, but I could care less about shoes.  Sure, I think they are fun, but I would never say I was "obsessed", nor would I ever spend an insane amount of money on a pair.  If I worked in a dressy office, I'd MAYBE splurge on a staple pair of pumps or something, but that's it.  Give me my Reef flip-flops, cowboy boots, or my couple pairs of go-to "nice" sandals from Target.... that's all I really need.  I appreciate fun shoes and find myself going "oohh" when they point some out on Fashion Police, but let's face it... I'm cheap.

The same pretty much goes for fashion/accessories... mostly because I don't have the gift of putting it all together.  I fall in love with outfits on Pinterest, but know I'll never take the time to actually try to achieve any of them.  So...if anyone wants to be my personal stylist and help me out, I'd certainly welcome the help.  :-)  I do appreciate fashion and love to watch Project Runway and Fashion Police, but just don't have that gift. 

Even if I know some leftovers are over a week old, I still just leave them in there until I decide it's time to REALLY go through the fridge.  We really need a system for left overs... we play way too much "When did we eat this??"

I was devastated (okay, that's probably a serious exaggeration) by the whole "Randy Travis arrested naked & drunk" thing.  I LOVE Randy Travis's music and have begged Andrew to go with me the last two times he played fairly near us.   Didn't happen and doesn't look like it will again for a while....did he go off the deep end or something?  He never struck me as the "trouble-making" type.

I use WAY too many quotes, exclamation points, and "all caps" when blogging or Facebooking!!!  :-)

I totally gave Carson some Benadryl before bedtime the first time (and pretty much every day since) in his "big boy" bed.  He does have allergies, so I don't feel that bad.

I am horrible about mailing cards/gifts on time.  I always have them at the house and ready to go and then it slips past me.  So, I apologize to everyone who gets their birthday cards late. 

I don't know if Carson fell out or got out, but he wasn't in his bed one night... it was quiet in there, so I knew he probably was just sleeping on the floor.  Didn't bother me, but Daddy made me go put him back in.  I'm cool with the pallet thing, so I put one of his nap mats on the ground right next to his bed so that if he does it again, he can just sleep there.  Having a kid that will sleep on a pallet will sure make traveling easier.

I have never not paid a credit card bill in full or missed any big payments, but my mess-of-a-desk has caused me to overlook a couple small bills... CRAP.  I need a better system.

I still haven't deposited Carson's birthday money checks (almost a month later)... I'm sorry, Nina, Nana, and Meme & Dede!

I am one of those who always gives in to the "impulse buys" at the grocery store/Target... Sour Patch Kids or York Peppermint Patty... yes, please!





1 comment:

  1. I SITLL have checks from Grady's second birthday party and a few we received for Nolan's birth. EEEEK! :-)

    ReplyDelete