Since Carson has now been TWO for over a month now, I should probably let y'all know how life is around here. How in the world do I even start to try to capture what our little man is up to these days?!?!
I'll start easy... his stats. At his 2-year appointment, he was:
37 1/4" (98th Percentile)
34 lbs. (96th Percentile)
His head circumference is somewhere in the 50-60th percentile.
Clothes - Primarily 3T
Diapers - Size 5
Shoes - 8.5/9 Extra Wide!
-He LOVES to play cars, trains, airplanes, and boats. He loves to play "crash." He definitely is most entertained by the simple toys... little cars, his trains, Daddy's old boats. He's definitely into anything transportation related. He LOVES to play in his tent. I mean, it's CRAZY how much he loves that tent! We also make a ramp and race the cars.
-He LOVES to read and has been "reading" to me... narrating in his own little way. I'll catch him in his room, curled up in the glider or his bed just reading to himself out loud. If he's not in the mood to sleep at nap time, he gets out and brings a pile of books into his bed and enterains himself.
-He LOVES to give hugs and kisses. His favorite is a 3-way hug/kiss between Mommy, Daddy, and Carson.
-Thomas the Train, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are his favorite shows. He also likes to watch So You Think You Can Dance with me and dances along. He LOVES to dance. He'll actually site for a while and watch the Cars movie or Toy Story. He's even been entertained by some non-kid movies like parts of Back to the Future or Jurassic Park. I make it sound like he watches a lot of TV, he really doesn't.
-He now has a "hiding spot" in Mommy & Daddy's room and loves to hide and have us pretend like we can't find him. When he jumps out, he is LAUGHING his heart out... he has the sweetest laugh!!
-He loves to be chased and to chase us around the house... again, LAUGHING his heart out the whole time!
-He loves animals... mostly cows, deer, frogs (he likes to make ribbit sounds and hop around), and ducks. He loves Shooter and Lucy too, but I think they are even starting to drive him crazy too... they are ALWAYS up in everyone's business trying to get food. It's funny that even Carson gets a little annoyed by the begging. He still calls them "Shoo-Doo" and "Shoo-Dee." Carson had SO much fun helping us band doves in the backyard for Andrew's job. He LOVED to throw them up in the air and release them.
-He loves "Carson's room!"
-He LOVES all his stuffed animals... he has to sleep with ALL of them.
-He hasn't been in the high chair in a while and prefers to eat at his little wooden table from Gigi & Pops. I actually have since put the high chair away. Wow...
-He LOVES to swim.. man, wish we had a pool!
-He LOVES to be outside.
-He's very much into boy stuff... he doesn't mind getting dirty, loves playing rough, throwing rocks, playing with the water hose, watching things crash, jumping on the bed, etc...
-He's more decisive than me. I give him a choice for his clothes (and sometimes shoes) every morning, and he immediately tells me which one he wants to wear. He picks his jammies every night... which is usually interesting.
-He LOVES puzzles and blocks!
-He can eat like a pig if he is hungry or if it's something he really likes or will pick like a bird for flat our just shove it back at me if it's something he doesn't want.
-Breakfast is his favorite meal... this kid can take down some scrambled eggs or pancakes!
-He LOVES peanut butter and will eat pretty much anything that I put PB on (bananas & apples!). Sneaky Mommy...
-He is very familiar with the concept of "time-out" and usually goes there for hitting us (mostly just flailing arms that turn to hitting) when we pick him up to change him. He does not like to be changed. Hello kid.... let's potty train then!
Favorite Phrases/Words:
-"Mommy, come on." "Daddy, come on." Wannie, come on." "Pops, come on." You get the point. :-)
-"O-kay" - imagine it in some hilarious 'Valley girl' voice. I HAVE to get this on video, it's hilarious!
-Our dogs are now "Shoo-Doo" (Shooter) and "Shoo-Dee" (Lucy)
-"Flag" originally sounded way more like the f-word. We worked on the "G" sound A LOT... not it sounds like "fag". Fantastic. L's are hard I guess for little kids. He points out EVERY flag he sees. You quickly realize there are a lot of flags out there...
-"Clock" actually sounds more like another name for a rooster. Real fun when he says "big" in front of it.
-Any animal sound. He's a rockstar at a cow, horse, dog, cat, snake, elephant, chicken, duck, pig, etc.
-We recently taught him "cheers" with his drink. He thinks that's pretty fun!
-He's getting so much better at being polite. He's saying please ("peas") and thank you. He'll tell me "I sorry"... even when he doesn't need to be. He must get that from me. Andrew had indicated that I apologize when I don't need to. I just say 'I'm sorry' a lot.
-He's using his name ALL THE TIME. He didn't do this until just before his 2nd birthday (maybe around 23 months). He talks in 3rd person.
-He talks in little sentences, mostly 2-4 words and occasionally longer, but is pretty good at communicating.
-He is VERY thankful during prayer time. We cover all the family, and he usually thanks God for the fan, outside, pictures, Shoo-doo and Shoo-dee, friends (he usually names several, including his teachers), the moon, deer, ducks...
-He's started doing the plural form of words... sort of. He has two "Mickey Mouse-es-es."
-He repeats just about everything, and I feel like his vocabulary is huge!
-He still hasn't said "I Love You"... which I just don't get since he hears that ALL THE TIME. Oh well... some day.
"Book" Knowledge (I know I can't take credit for some of this. Glad he's learned something at school!)
-Knows most of the letters, but I've only heard him say his ABC's in order up to F. He may be able to do more, but I don't really focus on it to much. He does love letters and points them out everywhere we go.
-I've heard him count to 14. He really likes 2 and 14... random. He's starting to grasp the concept of multiple things. For example, he'll see two boats and tell me "two boats."
-He knows most of the major colors, but usually responds 'green' the first time you ask him about a color. He'll usually get it right the second time. I hope he's not color blind... he usually calls blue things purple and red things orange... at least the first go round. He gets it right the second time.
-He knows what shapes are, but circle, square, and diamond are the ones he knows the best.
The last two years seem like they have FLOWN by, but at the same time, it seems like he's been in our life forever. I think back to different stages and they seem like so long ago. I think it's just hard to come to grips with the fact we have a 2-year old. When did we become adults???
Carson, you just fill our lives with so much joy! You have a smile and laugh that will light up any room. You are the sweetest snuggler and give the best hugs!!! We love you BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment