So, found ourselves in this predicament this weekend... MAJOR diaper rash. It's only happened a couple times (thank goodness). It's always isolated to that little area on the back side (sorry, TMI... I know)... and it's ALWAYS been associated with him eating/drinking too much of one thing. The first go round we found out it was raisins. I knew acidic fruit like oranges and such could cause it, but raisins???... apparently they are in that same category too. This kid loves him some regular raisins and yogurt-covered... who doesn't??
Anyways, this go round I thought it was peanuts/peanut butter. He's never showed any allergic reaction before, but he also hadn't been eating PB with a spoon and snacking on peanuts with Daddy just about every day. I'd read that peanuts/PB could cause diaper rash, but Andrew was actually the one that figured out the instigator this time....."blue juice", i.e. Gatorade/Powerade. We tend to keep the sugar-free (or very little sugar) kind in the house and figured it wasn't too bad for Carson to drink since it didn't have near as much sugar as a lot of other juices. Turns out CITRIC ACID is a major ingredient. There we go... back to the acidic stuff. I guess he was drinking more than we realized.
I remembered reading on my friend Sarah's blog that she used Maalox on her little one (per her pedi's nurse's suggestion) and that it worked miracles. Yep, it does. Makes sense... it's an antACID.
Check it out HERE!
No comments:
Post a Comment