Is is sad that my favorite Christmas present is the bacon plate that I can use to cook bacon in the microwave? Andrew even sort of gave it to me as a joke present since he knows how much I love bacon.
Is it sadder that I use it everyday?
Is it the saddest that I pile as much on there as absolutely possible and then only give Carson one piece and save the rest for myself?
One of Carson's favorite songs is Monkey's Jumping on the Bed... we often let him act it out (i.e. jump on our bed singing as loud as he can). Well....last night he fell off and bumped his head but momma didn't call the doctor and instead just said, "No more Carson's jumping on the bed." Whoops. Guess we shouldn't be letting him do that...
He's never been one to sleep in bed with us unless we were at a hotel or at the farm... until this past week. He'd be crying from his room, "I wanna sleep in Mommy's bed!!!" We'd ignore him. Then, he'd get out of his bed and go lay by the door. It was so sad looking. Plus, it's been cold. So... we'd go get him and let him snuggle with us. I have to say I didn't really mind since I feel like I don't get to see him enough since he's at school all day. Andrew was out of town the last 4 days, and I'm not a fan of sleeping alone since the break-in, so I was happy to have him wake up and join me. Andrew's back though so back to his own bed. He's been there the last two nights and has been fine. It's not really that he's sleeping with us, I know lots of people do that, it's that we caved to his cuteness.
See him on the right by the door on the floor.
I have had a 'donation pile' in our room for probably 2 months.... how hard is it to drive 2 miles to go drop it off?!?!
Operation Start Running or Working Out or Doing Any Physical Activity has yet to commence. Can I blame it on the crappy weather??
Found out Carson is 1 of the 3 in his class of 16 that isn't potty trained (I asked since I saw most of the boys were using the potty). He's one of the youngest in his class and isn't even quite 2 1/2 yet, so I'm not concerned since most people I know said their boys were closer to 3. I think the real issue here is that I am clueless and need to commit to at least start thinking about it. Sometimes I just think diapers aren't all that bad. I don't want to push anything, but I feel like he's smart enough to get it if we tried at all. Any boy mommas out there have any tips???

Glad you're back to posting after the holidays! I feel the same way about the big Christmas posts and pics!
ReplyDeleteI too was concerned about my boy being in diapers forever based on stories of them "just not caring" but was pleasantly surprised! I don't think you have anything to worry about in the potty department! Buy a potty, put it in the bathroom, let him know what it is and then wait until he's ready.
I can't take much credit for DS moving out of diapers because he seriously did it himself when HE was ready. Carson is still young! (and it sounds weird but I really missed diapers when we were out in public...SO much easier then the public restroom! blech. lol!)
I love bacon! And potty training stresses me out- but I feel so much pressure that he should be potty trained NOW! Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous that you can eat that bacon and still be stinkin' skinny! (c:
ReplyDeleteRe potty training...we did it right around Connor being 2.5, but I was motivated by wanting to get it done before he moved from staying with our neighbor to going to daycare. (Let's be honest here...I was motivated by her helping me...ha!) Anyway, I found it easiest to NOT use a little kid potty. I hated cleaning it. We just let him sit on the big boy pot! We picked a Thursday afternoon (he was in pre-school Tues/Thurs at the time) and switched to "unders" and never looked back. Sticker charts work well for some kids, but he could care less about it. Oh, peeing on cheerios was a BIG hit! (c: But, don't stress yourself out about it...!