Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Confessions

I FINALLY got an iPhone around Christmas... I'm clueless.  I totally feel like an old person trying to figure out new technology.  I'm getting there... I think.  Sort of.  Andrew and I had a fight with iTunes yesterday, so we certainly aren't there yet.

I've been a horrible blogger lately.  Part of that is because I haven't figured out how to get some super cute videos and pics off my new phone, on to this computer, and then on to the blog.

Carson gets way too many "prizes."  I think part of it is because we are thrilled that he finally likes a show that we don't mind watching over and over... Cars and Cars 2.  The kid is OBSESSED.  It's so easy to pick up a little something here and there.  I'm just thankful he's over Yo Gabba Gabba... oh lordy.  He still requests Thomas a lot and loves playing trains, but you can tell he definitely has a new interest/obsession.

Let's be real here... who actually gave their kid the Valentine's candy??  I totally ate 95% of the candy Carson got from his class party.

While I have made fun of certain family members for hoarding, I realize I totally am one too.  I FINALLY gave in and donated my old formals (which are supposed to be "recent".... ha... don't think 1997 to 2000 are "recent") to the Cinderella Project.  Did I think I would actually wear then again?  No.  Did I think I would have a daughter that would play dress up with them?  Maybe, but doubt she'll be playing dress up with adult-size gowns (I've been the same size since about 7th/8th grade).  Am I really that sentimental about them?  No... it's not like I married any of the guys I went with.  Was the only reason I was keeping one so that I could someday dress up for Halloween as a beauty pageant girl... 'cause that's about the only way that sequiny thing could be considered acceptable?  Maybe, but highly unlikely that would ever be my costume.  Was the real reason I still had them because they fit and that made me feel good about myself?  Yep.  I did keep two though... one was a bridesmaid dress that would actually make a great dress to wear if I ever needed a long formal, but not too formal, dress.  It fits great and is beautiful.  The other was the dress I wore to Winter Formal in 10th grade.  I love the back of it and somehow it fits (I'm thinking I must have been in that slightly pudgy/post puberty stage for it to actually fit today).  I keep thinking it could make a cute LBD if I cut it off.  It would also be really pretty to have the neckline tweaked a little bit to be a deeper scoop neck.  Who am I kidding?? Like I'm really going to go to anything formal.  If I ever do, I'm sure it will be a Mardi Gras ball and that will require sparkle!!!

Andrew got me a pedometer because I've started running again (I use the term "running" loosely... it's usually just up to Carson's school and back which is 1.3 miles.  If I pick him up too, it's 2.6 miles/day total.  Some days I take a detour home and actually really run a couple miles but the weather has been crappy or I'm running behind already, so those days have not been as common. I've been wearing the pedometer around the house and realize I walk A LOT in our little 1,600 SF house.  At first I was super excited... hey, I'm working out and don't even realize it.  Then.... I realized that most of my walking was from my desk to the fridge.  Dang.

We started watching Swamp People because Andrew sort of knows the new Texas people on there.  This is what happens when you are married to a wildlife biologist.  What's worse is that he critiques EVERYTHING on the show.... "there's no way that one weighs 750lbs.  That one is NOT a monster.  They never fight like that when our hunters are hunting.  The shooting them in the head part is not as dramatic as they make it out to be.  No one would ever jump in the water.  This is just stupid."   I think he should be a wildlife consultant to those Hollywood types.  If it's going to be a "reality" show, there should at least be some reality.  Not really sure if this is a "confession" but I guess admitting to watching Swamp People kind of is.




2 comments:

  1. I am jealous you can still wear your dresses from high school! Not that I would want to wear any of mine, but whatevs! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! "Most of my walking was from the desk to the fridge."

    ReplyDelete