Friday, June 21, 2013

17-Week Update

Other than the big news that we found out we are having a little girl, the other big news is that I am finally starting to feel some movement!  I remember with Carson that I wasn't sure if I was feeling anything or not until it was very obvious that I just took a kick to the bladder or ribs.  I'm not having those movements yet, but I'm definitely "feeling the bubbles" and occasionally a little more.  I certainly recognize it now way more than I did the first time.  I still remember with Carson when I was farther along how weird it was to look down and see some body part move from one side of my stomach to the other.... creepy but cool!

I'd also say that I have "popped."  There hasn't been one person say to me, "Oh, you don't look pregnant."  I heard that for a long time with Carson.  Nope, not this time.  Definitely looking pregnant.  Andrew and I did crack up at the pool a couple weeks ago when we met the parents of one of Carson's little friends.  When they asked if he was our only one, and I told him we were expecting, he joked, "I thought you just liked to drink beer."  Haha... We thought that was pretty hilarious.   I can easily feel the top of my uterus just below my belly button and my lower abdomen is hard.  It's getting very real...

No comments:

Post a Comment