Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's a _______!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
"GRILL!!!!" (as Carson says), and she says "Howdy!"
 

Monday was the big day for our gender ultrasound. I was SO much less anxious this go round than I was with Carson. I was super excited but surprisingly very calm.  We would have been happy either way, but part of me always wanted to be able to have one of each just to experience both sides.  Andrew and I both came from a family with one boy and one girl, so that naturally fit.  We also have TONS of boys in the family, so there needed to be more girls to balance everything out.  On my dad's side, there were 9 grandchildren and I was the only girl (I wasn't spoiled or anything!).  There are 2 great-grand kids, both are boys.  My cousin (in law) Kristine joked that I was the only hope for the Morgan family to get a girl since Andrew was the only non-Morgan blood responsible for a baby's gender.  In Andrew's family, boys are definitely the majority as well in the youngest generation.  Charlotte helped even up the score a little bit, but there's still a long way to go!



Ready to go find out the news (16w 4d)!




I think the general consensus from most people was that they thought it was a girl.  This was due to 3 primary factors: 

1) Higher heart rate.  It was 180 at 10 weeks, 169 at 12 weeks, and was 154 on Monday.  Carson's was always higher too, so I didn't really take this as 'evidence' that the old wives tale was true.

2) I was sick the first month of my pregnancy.  I wasn't sick with Carson. 

3) This was somewhat of a "surprise" pregnancy vs. "trying" when you knew you were ovulating.  This baby was not conceived that close to my ovulation day at all.

Well, they were all right!

Little Miss was stubborn though and must have wanted us to keep practicing our patience (does she not know how much her big brother already does this!).   She was not cooperating when we first went in.  She was OUT.... hand behind the head, not responding to the pokes and prods, OUT.  Well... after changing positions and poking at my belly for about 15 minutes, the tech decided to give me a peppermint and a couple Dum Dum's and take a break.  She was hoping a little sugar would get the baby to start moving around.  We were joking that maybe this kid would actually be CALM, something that we are NOT used to AT ALL.  I went and did my quick OB check-up and then came back for Round 2.  I guess the tech's trick worked because baby girl finally started to move around enough to expose herself.  I saw what I thought were those "3 little lines" right before the tech pointed out those "3 little lines."  This angle looked a lot different than Carson's, so I knew right then that it was a little GIRL!  I was seriously shocked.  I thought we'd have all boys and since everyone else thought it was a girl, I went the opposite and thought it was a boy.  I think one of the first things we said was "our moms are going to be SO excited!"

Baby Girl Peters was SO cute during that second round of the ultrasound... she was just waving away.  The tech was able to get some cute pics for us!   Can't wait to meet this sweet baby GIRL!!! 

 
While we are thrilled, I have to admit, I think we're a little terrified too.  I know I was not the most pleasant teenage girl at times and there were some showdowns at the Morgan house over boys, dating and going out.  I have a feeling this will be payback!  Andrew and I already joked that he's had to shoot at one guy in our house and he's not afraid to do it again!!!  He'll be the dad that cleans the guns when her dates come over.   Haha!
 
Until those days a LONG time from now, we'll embrace the bows, dolls, sequins, tutus, etc.!  I've been good at not overdoing it on Zulily, but I have a feeling I'm going to be in trouble now.  Girls stuff is just too stinkin' cute, especially after having a total boy who's most happy in a hideous lizard t-shirt!
 
SO EXCITED!!!

2 comments: