Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Carsonisms

"We match!!"  (This is with regard to anything that is the same.  If we have the same cup, if he has two of the same toy, if we both have on the same color shirt.  He LOVES to match!)

Carson asked me what I was doing.  I told him, "Putting on make-up."  His response, "Oh, good."  My response, "Thanks, kid.  Does Mommy need make-up or something?"  His response, "Yes."  Thanks, Carson.  Thanks a lot.

When we took Carson's birthday invites to school to put in the kids' cubbies, he was reading the names on the envelopes and handing them out accordingly all by himself.  I'm amazed by his recognition of names.  I guess he's used to seeing them on the table, folders, artwork, etc.  He even knows how to spell a lot of the kids' names in his class.  (He can barely use his silverware and can't take his clothes on or off too well, but he can spell his classmates names.  Gotta work on those other skills!)

I think Carson is really starting to get excited about his baby sister. Today he told me to tell the baby to come out so she can play with him.  I told him that she couldn't come out yet because she needed to get bigger. He told me to tell her to get big bigger said she could come out and play with him.  Tonight during his prayers after he thanked God for all of his cousins, I asked him which of his cousins he liked to play with the most.  He told me his baby sister.  I told him that we should ask God to help make her big and strong. So he said, "God, make her big."  So sweet!!

"I have an idea!!!"

"The water's not coming out."  (When he tries to tee tee and nothing happens.)

He is very much in a "watch this!" phase.

After I made a couple of things for Little Miss, Carson was so excited.  He kept saying they were for his "Baby Sister."  When they weren't hanging up in our room, he even asked me where the clothes for his baby sister were?

We are trying to break a "yep" habit.  He knows he should say "yes", "yes, sir", "yes, ma'am", or "yes, please"; however, we still get the occasional "yep."  When we give him "the look" after he said it the other day, he quickly said, "YEP.... SIR!"  He started laughing and then said "that's a joke!"  Goober.  You better believe he corrects us any time we say "yep" too.  He quickly says, "No, Mommy.  Don't say "yep".  Say "yes, sir.""



 

No comments:

Post a Comment