Someone was a little grumpy from not having his nap.
We didn't get home until pretty late in the evening, and I had an appointment at the Apple store because my relatively new phone was already acting up. They gave me a new one, and I was surprisingly in and out of there pretty quickly. It was a long day, so I just stayed home Saturday evening. I was pooped.
We went to church on Sunday and Carson's day started off pretty rough. He slammed his fingers in the door of the church nursery and then I sat him on the counter while I was getting an ice pack and didn't realize the crock pot on the counter was on and he (slightly) burned the other hand. I don't think he was too keen on getting left in the nursery after all that. Luckily, my mom works in the baby room across the hall and was able to love on him for a few minutes before any of the babies got there. He was fine....
Sunday evening I was SO excited to get to go to a photography class hosted by one of my childhood friends, Melanie Conner. She's really gotten into photography and decided to host a class on how to use your DSLR in Manual mode. We primarily learned about aperture, ISO, and shutter speed and how they all work together. One of my best friends, Meghan, has also signed up for the class (I didn't know she had until the day before!) so it was super fun to see her too. We had a great time AND I learned something!!
Monday I went to my training and then afterwards, picked up the little man to go hang out with my friends Chandler and Kelsey. Chandler and I were good buddies in high school. I met his wife at a wedding almost 3 years ago and we hit it off. I hadn't seen them since then.... WAY too long! They have the most precious little girl who is just a few months older than Carson. He made himself quite at home in their house. It took Channing a little while to warm up to this crazy boy, but once she did... they had SO MUCH FUN!!!
These were taken with my phone... didn't have my camera with me to practice my new skills! :-(
Are they not precious?!?!?
The perspective on this one cracks me up... Carson looks HUGE next to Channing!
He's a flying pro!
It was SO nice to be able to go to Dallas without any set plans. It seems that every time we go up there, it's for something specific. I rarely get to see friends and usually only get to see a few family members. I've been able to see almost ALL of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) between David & Erin's shower and this trip to Dallas. Some I've seen TWICE in two weeks!! This is seriously amazing!! I probably haven't seen any of them with that frequency since high school! I've also been able to see some friends too which is a big plus!! I can't wait until maternity leave because I hope to be able to spend a lot more time in Dallas just hanging out with old friends and my family. That's the biggest downfall of living where we do is that my family and best friends aren't close. It is what it is, and I just take advantage and cherish the time I do get!













No comments:
Post a Comment