Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2 Months!

We are now closer to 3 months (11 weeks today!), but close enough. :-)  Minus a little sleeping blip, everything at the 2 month mark has been about the same the whole month.

These days are filled with lots of sweet smiles, "talking", and playful shrieking.  She is the happiest right after she wakes up.  Elizabeth is very easy going most of the time but her "witching hour" tends to be around dinnertime, but thankfully, it's usually pretty short-lived.  She seems to get her gassy spells in the evening which I think is the cause of most of her fussiness, that and just being tired. 

She loves to lay flat and stretched out either on the changing table, bed, couch, or floor and talk to whoever wants to lean over and talk to her.  She especially loves talking to her mommy but is starting to really recognize her daddy and grandparents.  She loves to pull her legs up to her chest and can really get her tush off the ground.

She is loving bath time and has fun kicking her legs and making the water splash.  We usually just put her in the big tub with a washcloth under her head and 1-2 inches of water.

She also likes her paci... "her sheep" or "her giraffe" according to Carson (she has the Wub-a-Nubs with the Soothies attached).

She still prefers to nurse but is getting better at taking a bottle.  She's still being swaddled to sleep and has occasionally gotten out if I don't wrap her up really tight in the SwaddleMe or Halo Swaddle Sleep Sack.  A tight swaddle definitely works best.  She does still like the swing and likes the music.  It cracks me up because one of the melodies is my high school's alma mater.

She doesn't take much convincing to go to sleep. If she's swaddled and remotely tired, she usually will take her paci and fall asleep on her own. Almost all naps are in the crib now. She will rarely fall asleep while rocking or in my arms. She really doesn't like being held for long periods of time and so far hasn't been much of a snuggler. :-(

She's recently found her hands and loves to suck on them.

She's not the biggest fan of tummy time... neither was Carson. She tolerates it the longest if I get down to her level and she can look at me. She also likes looking in her mirror. She loves to stare at her Stim Mobile. Carson loved it too when he was little. He even noticed when I changed the card out... he is the most observant child I know!

Before 2 months, she had been sleeping 7-9 hours at night, and a couple times, even went 10 hours. However, almost to the day, when she hit 2 months, she regressed back down to about 6 hours. Boo. Most nights I'm getting up just once which isn't too bad.  Thankfully, the last week she's been back at the 7+ hour stretches.  I've been putting her down between 8-9 and then she's dream feeding before I go to sleep, usually between 10-11.  The last week she's been staying asleep until 5 or 6.

She also loves to stand in your lap just holding your hands. She easily pulls from laying to sitting and then can push herself up to standing while just holding my hands.  Strong little girl!

We aren't on any real schedule yet, mostly because I haven't forced anything. We didn't have a rigid schedule with Carson either. She does usually wake up at about the same time each day and follows the same pattern during the day of 'eat-play-sleep'; however, it doesn't always occur at the same time every day. Most days, she takes her long nap in the morning or around lunch and takes more shorter naps in the afternoon and early evening. We do have a consistent bedtime routine at roughly the same time every night though. We've just not been at home a lot or have been running around, so it's a little hard to keep a consistent schedule. She's thankfully very go-with-the-flow.

She's still a very efficient eater and only nurses for 5-15 minutes total; however, she does eat every 2-2.5 hours for the most part during the day. It is rare to go 3 hours unless she takes a long morning nap.

I'm almost certain the dark hair is here to stay and won't be falling out.  It's longer now than it was when she was born and is very full and thick.  It's real hair, not thin baby hair.  I love that I can clip little bows right in and don't have to fiddle with head bands.

I'm still not sure on what her eye color will be.  They still look dark grey.  Sometimes I think there is a hint of blue, but other times I don't.  We'll see!

Wearing Mommy's 32-year old Feltman Brothers dress...




1st Pony Tail (sort of)


Sweetest Patient EVER at her 2-month check-up!


2 Months! (in Mommy's dress)





She might have that Morgan bottom lip!


Some of my favorite random pics of this sweet girl over the last month....
I got a new lens for Christmas and poor girl puts up with mommy's modeling sessions just about daily. :-)


















Carson loves his "little princess"




I mean... how sweet is big brother?!?





Okay, Mommy, that's enough!


We are completely smitten with this sweet little girl!!!

Love, love, LOVE you, sweet Elizabeth Jane!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a precious little girl!! I love all of the pictures (especially the ones with sweet big brother). Cute kids!

    I meant to comment on your nursery post but forgot. I LOVE how you decorated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete