Carson has been the SWEETEST big brother (although, he still hasn't gotten the hint that you do NOT put things over her face.) I seriously can't take my eyes off him for 2 seconds when he's within close proximity to her. I walked away for a second and came back to find him in her crib with her. Eek!! He ALWAYS has to give her a kiss when she wakes up or he hasn't seen her in a little bit. He loves to be wherever she is and wants to help. He calls her his "Little Princess" or "Elizabeth Jane"... anything besides these two names is NOT ACCEPTABLE in his book.
Thankfully the weather has been better the last few days, so we've finally been able to spend some time outside in the evenings.
He loves playing fetch with Lucy
Trying to climb a tree that's not climbable
Helping Daddy with the garden.... we just harvested a bunch of carrots and he helped pull them out and wash them. FYI - they were SUPER yummy!!!
Practicing his casting into a bucket. Andrew promised him a prize if he made it in the bucket... he got it once!!!
He is such a SWEET and funny kid. I am obsessed with his precious little voice and wish I could bottle it up and remember all the funny things he says. He's incredibly observant and makes linkages between unrelated things all the time that just blow my mind. He still loves all things cars, planes, and trains and loves to play in the dirt, throw sticks in the water, etc. The loves to play pirates and wrestle. In other words, he's all boy! I think he is also a sensitive kid that really needs a lot of love and attention from his mommy and daddy. He loves to just BE with us. He loves to snuggle and wants to sleep with us all the time. I think the adjustment from being an only child to one of two was a little difficult for him in that he wasn't getting all the attention and affection that he was used to. We unintentionally did a little experiment. One week recently at school was NOT a good week. He had a write-up on his daily report SEVERAL days during that week. Looking back, it was probably one of those weeks where the weather was bad and he spent more time than he should have watching TV and playing iPad. I was probably messing with Elizabeth and Andrew was cooking. The next week, he slept with us several times and we were able to all go outside and play together each evening after school. That week, he had no issues at school.... hmm... makes you wonder! We're certainly trying to give him as much attention and one-on-one time that we can, even if that's meant him sleeping with us or one of us (usually Andrew) sleeping with him in his room. I used to be so opposed to it, but he's just so sweet and I know he will only be little for a short period of time, so I don't mind. How can you resist waking up to that sweet voice saying, "Mommy, I want to snuggle with you."
Love you, sweet boy!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment