Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful...

In the past I've participated in the "thankful for something each day" thing on Facebook. In an attempt to not be so Facebook-addicted, I haven't been posting. That definitely does NOT mean I am not thankful. So, here's 10 things I'm thankful for (since it's November 10th). More to come as the month continues...these are some of the "obvious" things I'm thankful for.

1. A loving and forgiving GOD who made the ULTIMATE sacrifice for ME.

2. Along the same lines, I am thankful for my FAITH, especially the renewed FAITH that my church family here has helped me with. I feel so blessed to have such a strong community of Sisters and Brothers in Christ to help me along my faith journey.

3. My FAMILY! I am SO thankful to have grown up in a loving, Christ-filled home. I have come to realize how naive I was to think my upbringing was the norm. There are SO many people that did not have such great childhoods and didn't feel loved the way we always did. I am also so thankful to have married into a wonderful family. I actually love AND LIKE my in-laws!!! (Hi, Wanda!)

4. My HUSBAND! He is the BEST father and loves me no matter what. He always treats me with respect and surprises me with little notes and prizes. He is so generous and thoughtful... almost makes me feel bad because I don't ever think of things like that. He knows how to make me smile and laugh... even if I'm trying to be serious and don't want to laugh. He is an amazing cook! He LOVES life and his family and faith are first to him too!

5. My precious BABY BOY! There are no words to describe the joy he brings to my life. Motherhood is the greatest blessing. His huge smile and laugh can light up any room! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HIM!!!!

6. My PUPS! They also bring so much joy and unconditional love to our household! They can drive me crazy, but I can't imagine life without them!

7. Not having to commute anymore (or at least not often). I still don't know how I used to drive into downtown everyday. Driving in Houston traffic makes you crazy. I LOVE our little town with minimal traffic. Along with this, I am thankful for a job that allows me to work from home...and a job, period.

8. The Farm. Best place on Earth. I can only pray that Carson will get to enjoy it as much as we have.

9. Discovering a hobby I enjoy...sewing. I haven't had a real hobby in a long time, but I just LOVE making things. I have a few new projects that should be revealed soon. My favorite part has to be making things for other people though. I just wish I could carve out time every day, or at least several times a week to sit down and sew. It's hard to find a chunk of time with a kiddo.

10. Hot showers. I know it sounds wimpy, but I can't fathom the days before there were hot showers. Cold baths just sound miserable. I can barely stand a lukewarm shower.

Okay, that's good for now... more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment