I did it. I ran a mile. A whole mile.
I didn't think I'd be able to go the whole way without stopping, but I did. I kept a very slow and steady pace. My speed was the same the whole way, and I finished in 9 minutes, 15 seconds. It's not a great time, but that's not what mattered. What mattered first was that I got my butt out of the chair and went. What mattered second was that I didn't wimp out and actually ran the whole thing. I wasn't dying, so I just kept telling myself that HOME was the goal, NOT just the next stop sign, although each stop sign was a little "okay, you're getting there" moment. My goal was simply to run as far as I could (up to a mile) without stopping. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it...it felt good. I walked another 1/2 mile or so and then came in and did some stretching/strength stuff.
Today's Pinterest inspirations...
Source: google.com.au via Emily on Pinterest
Source: tumblr.com via Emily on Pinterest
Source: 26.media.tumblr.com via Emily on Pinterest
Source: Uploaded by user via Emily on Pinterest
Source: 27.media.tumblr.com via Emily on Pinterest
Baby steps... if I can get in the habit of doing this at least 3 times a week, that will be a great start! If I can try to beat my time just a little bit each time, that will really motivate me. I like to see results!
Good job, Mama!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!
ReplyDelete