Today was Day 1 of swimming lessons. Carson has a 30-minute, private lesson for five days in a row. The teacher is supposed to be AMAZING....the swimming whisperer, if you will. Parents aren't allowed to watch until the last day. I've heard that you are just in awe on the final day to see how much they can do already. I can't wait!
Ready to go... Thomas on shirt and in hand...

All Done! He kept telling me "I swimming!!!"
There were no tears when I left, but when I came back, I could hear him crying. I was warned that Day 1 and sometimes 2 are pretty rough for the little ones that have never had lessons before. So, I was totally expecting it. He was crying, but wasn't mad crying. When he finally saw me, he was still crying some but was so excited at the same time and kept telling me, "I swimming!!" He was proud of himself. I think going underwater was just something new and may have been a little scary. He certainly didn't seem traumatized or anything. The whole way home he kept saying, "I swimming!!!" I hope he's excited when we show up again tomorrow.
Stay tuned for Day 2 update......


No comments:
Post a Comment