Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We Did It!!!...


...cook a whole Thanksgiving meal by ourselves, that is! It is no secret that I am not a chef. Growing up, my mom wasn't the really a chef either (sorry Mom). We ate lots of spaghetti, mac & cheese, and Hamburger Helper. I guess you make what your kids will eat! Now that she's not chasing two kids around, she has started experimenting and enjoying the art of cooking. We didn't get creative for Thanksgiving (you have to stick to the classics), but we did do it all ourselves. Usually, we have either my grandmothers or aunts to help, but this year we were at my house, and therefore, on our own. Yes Meme, you would be proud! :-)

The Proof...












The final menu included:
-Turkey breast (we did opt to skip the big bird since there were only 6.5 of us)
-Venison ham
-Broccoli cheese casserole
-Cornbread dressing
-Green bean casserole
-Candied sweet potato casserole
-Mashed potatoes & gravy
-Rolls

Carson totally loved the mashed potatoes. Yes, I gave him "solids" already... it was Thanksgiving. :-) He opened his mouth right up when my mom held up the spoon. We have our 4 month appointment tomorrow, so I'm waiting to see what the doctor says about starting all that. He liked the sweet potatoes too! :-)



More Thanksgiving with the Morgan's in the next post...

1 comment:

  1. Good for y'all! Looks YUM! Also Channing liked thanksgiving food too!

    ReplyDelete