Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Carson in the Big D!

The first weekend in April Carson and I ventured out for our second plane trip together up to Dallas. It was an event-filled weekend and we had tons of fun!

Ready to Go!

Checkin' out the planes at Hobby...




First, Carson was AWESOME on the plane. He was out with a bottle as soon as we headed down the runway. He slept the WHOLE time. I had to wake him up when we got to Dallas. It took a few minutes at the arrivals curb to get car seat situated, but after that, we were good to go. I had also debated back and forth about taking BOB and it was no big deal. I was glad I had my good stroller!

When we got in on Friday, we headed straight to Arlington for lunch at Cheddar's with Nina and Papaw. They could not believe how much he had changed since Christmas, which is totally expected because he has changed a TON since then! He was great at lunch and just "talked" and laughed, slapped the table, tried to steal Papaw's glasses, and tried to grab anything and everything on the table that was within reach. Nina wanted to actually get to play with Carson, so we went to her house just down the road after we had our late lunch.

Playing on the floor at Nina's house...


It was beautiful and HOT outside...




Nina got a big trampoline for my little cousins and Carson loved watching mommy jump. And yes, I can STILL do back flips and flip flops...GO ME!!! :-) A trampoline was the one present I ALWAYS wanted but never got... thanks a lot Mom & Dad!

YAY! Nina had a jumper!


Uncle Bill's creepy childhood monkey is funny!




Nina, Papaw, Mom, & Dad


Great-Grandparents! (Love this pic...look at that smile!)


Bath time in the sink!


Saturday morning we headed out to the Dallas Zoo to meet up with Rachel, Matt, and little Taylor. Lauren and their parents were there too. We were late because Carson decided to take an extremely out of the ordinary 1.5 hour nap, so we didn't really tour the zoo together, but we did get to meet up several times and visit. Hopefully, next time the boys will get a chance to play!

Ready for the Zoo!




Meeting new friends!


Fun times at the Zoo!




















Big Sophies!




...and we're out!






Saturday night, Grandaddy was on babysitting duty so that Mom and I could go see the opening of Greta's MFA Exhibition at a gallery in Denton. WOW... she did SUCH an amazing job! You could tell how much time and passion went into her thesis presentation. I am SO proud of her! She designated me the photographer and florist for the evening (no pressure!!!).












Sunday was church then off to Meme & Dede's house to see great-grandparents, aunts, cousins, 2nd cousins, etc...

First time meeting Rylan - Carson LOVED him! Who wouldn't though...he was PRECIOUS!!! I forgot how tiny they are still at 2 months, and Rylan is big for his age like Carson was.






The great-grandbabies!!! Rylan - 2 months, Carson - 8 months




Cousin Michael and Grandaddy


Aunt Julie & Carson


Cousins Kristine & Joel




Dede & Carson


Looking at Meme's pretty flowers...


Okay, time to go (notice two unhappy babies)


Auntie Greta stopped by Sunday night and helped give Carson his bath...



We had a fun trip! Wish Dallas was closer!

1 comment:

  1. so fun!!! next time your here we should have a play date! (we are about to move...will post about that soon!) but if you're here in the next few months let me know!) :)

    ReplyDelete