Monday, April 18, 2011

The Nuge...


Believe it or not, we went and saw Ted Nugent on Friday night out at Nutty Jerry's in Winnie. Mark Chesnutt opened the show, which was a nice (and random) bonus. I knew just about every song he played, but didn't realize they were all his songs. He had quite a few big hits back in the early 90s. The majority of country music just isn't what it used to be. He plays good 'ole true honky tonk country. That part alone was a great show! It's a really neat venue as well. We were probably less than 20' from the stage, so we had AWESOME seats!

Mark Chesnutt


Now, the Nuge. WOW. Talk about the most interesting mix of people at a show. I could have gone just for the people watching. There were old hippies, old people in general, rednecks, kids, businessmen, a girl in a bikini top/camo pants/Indian headdress, bikers, a very fake older woman complete with huge fake boobs, fake tan, fake hair color (not blonde, platinum white), fake diamond everything (LOTS of rhinestones), and 4" fake red nails that were more like claws...seriously. Go figure, she was sitting at our table. Like I said, the people watching alone was fantastic. Some of the older women were really getting into it and doing that awkward older lady dancing. Classic.

Indian Headdress Girl and the Nuge....


Ted Nugent isn't really my cup of tea when it comes to music, but I have to say it was an impressive show. He can really play the guitar. He did look slightly possessed though. Contrary to what some may think, according to one of his books we read a while back "God, Guns, and Rock & Roll" (which is actually pretty good), he was never into the drug scene that you would typically associate with his type of music and especially that generation of rock stars. He could have had me fooled though, he looked crazy. I guess music is his drug. I couldn't really hear anything until Saturday morning because my ears were still ringing, but I did find myself getting into the music as well.


Jeremy & Jamie










Did you notice all the antlers on the stage? Yeah, pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment