Monday, September 26, 2011

14 Months!!!


Carson is just SO, SO sweet right now!!! I really wish I could freeze some of this sweetness to bring back out when he's a teenager.

Here's a few little tidbits that come to mind about what's going on with our little 14-month old...

-C has figured out how one of his little hammer toys has worked and it is so cute. Literally overnight he started picking the balls back up to hit them with the hammer. He usually uses is left hand but then sometimes switches over to his right. We still think he's a lefty though. His whole concept of understanding how things work really seems to be blossoming.

-C likes to give high fives. We always say "Alright!" so I can't wait until he copies us one day.

-Still not talking other than his own little language but has just recently really, really started trying to talk. He'll see a bird and will point to it and say "Ba." He knows what so many things are, so when he does start talking, I bet he'll have a LOT to say!

-He's been on a "Mom Mom" kick for a long time, but has recently been back on a "Da Da" kick.

-Loves to point to things in books. I'm amazed at how many he knows! His favorites are balls, dogs, ducks, flowers, clocks, cups, and bears. You ask him, "Where is the ___?" He points to it.

-Is very particular about which books he reads. He definitely has favorites and ones he could care less about. The pile of go-to books includes: His ABC's picture book I made on Shutterfly, his prayer book, Dr. Seuss' Eye Book, Rocky Mountain Animals, Goodnight Moon, Moo Baa Laa, and those big & colorful board books like 100 First Words.

I created a little reading nook for him. It's SO cute to see him go crawl up in his little chair and read.


-Gives the BEST hugs...even pats you on the back while hugging. Precious.

-Loves to "pat pat" Shooter and Lucy. He has NO fear when it comes to dogs (guess that could be a bad thing too if he ever meets a mean dog).

-He know climbs into his Cozy Coupe all by himself and also (not so gracefully) gets out on his own.

-Loves to look for birds when we're outside. He knows to look up.

-He likes to put things into containers instead of just dumping everything out. He's been putting his jumbo Lego's into the little basket that goes with this push toy.

-He's got one cabinet in the kitchen that's "his." He's allowed to play with the big plastic bowls. He's gotten pretty good at only going to that cabinet.


-He loves to throw his bears out of his crib.

-He still loves to make the motor boat sound with his mouth.

-Has become a little bit more of a picky eater lately. He LOVES meat... that's never the issue. Veggies are hit or miss. He loves baked sweet potato fries and usually broccoli. Green beans used to be a hit, but lately he's not wanted any. He doesn't really care for a lot of fruit either. I think it's a texture thing because he loved baby food fruit. He doesn't like slimy stuff. He does like dried apples, but I have to cut them up really small because he doesn't really chew them. Looks pretty gross coming out in his poop, kinda like dog throw up (sorry, TMI, I know). I can sneak a lot of things into oatmeal. He still LOVES oatmeal. If he doesn't like something, he spits it right out. He's also smart enough to know what something looks like and won't try it again at the same meal. Oh, and he like to throw the stuff he doesn't want on the floor. We are desperately trying to break him of this, but haven't had much luck.

-LOVES Nilla Wafers. He sees the box and gets excited. He also likes to shove the whole thing in his mouth. That pretty much goes for everything though.

-Got for real sick for the first time and then passed it on to BOTH Mommy & Daddy.

-Loves to be outside. It doesn't matter what we're doing either. He does love to watch the pups play Flippety Flopper and LOVES bubbles!

-Is very confused when we Skype my parents.

-Loves the church nursery. Definitely cries when we leave (he's definitely in a separation anxiety phase), but ends up having a blast.

-Seems to be adjusting pretty well to his new routine of MDO on Mondays/Fridays and school Tuesday-Thursday. He's actually taken several 2 hour naps at school. Whoop! He definitely cries when I leave, but is happily playing when I pick him up. Because of the school schedule, his body seems to have adjusted to one longer nap in the middle of the day.

-Had his first teenage babysitter, Katy, stay with him on Saturday from 8:30-noon. He even slept for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Katy was great and we already have her on the calendar again!

-His walking is now practically running sometimes. He loves to let us chase him. If we say "We're going to get you" and start going after him, he takes off "running" and laughing.

-Likes going shopping. He's almost always really good in the store.

-Had total WILD MAN hair... he has a really bad cowlick in the back. Not sure what to do...too young for gel??? Kidding... I'm not giving him a "do" quite yet.

-Likes to play in the water sprinkler and try to "eat" the water. I thought he might like a shower since it was exactly the same thing, just inside. He didn't.

-He's been testing his vocal chords A LOT lately. He's perfectly happy, he's just getting enjoyment out of testing his vocal abilities. Can be a little annoying if you're trying to have a conversation... but still super cute.

-Size 4 diapers, Sizes 18 months to 2T clothes. He's really thinned out since he's started walking. He's long & lean. He's just solid...Not skinny, not chunky. He does have {precious} fat feet though.

-Has 12 teeth!!! The eight in front and all four molars!

-Schedule: I wake him up between 6:45 and 7:00. Breakfast. Out the door around 7:30. He gets a morning snack and then they have lunch around 11:00. I think he's been napping from around 12:15 - 2:15pm. They also have an afternoon snack. I pick him up around 5:15-5:30pm. Dinner around 6:00pm. Bath around 7:00pm. Reading, then in bed around 7:30pm. He used to go to bed 8-8:30ish, but since I'm having to wake him up early and he's not getting as much sleep during the day, we've been putting him down earlier. He's usually exhausted and doesn't fight it too much. He HAS to have his blanket. That green blanket from Jolee is NON-NEGOTIABLE. I was a a HUGE blanket kiddo, so I know where he gets it!

Silly Boy!


Check out those big 'ole SIZE 7 feet! We got him some New Balance kicks yesterday at Academy.


For grins, here's a few pics from about a year ago. They change SO MUCH!!!

2 Months (Looks like Carson and Mr. Monkey are just about the same size)...






Carson, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you more than words can express!!! You bring such joy and laughter to us everyday!!! You are the greatest blessing we could ever ask for!!! Love you, Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! It sounds like you are perfectly describing Jay! Except the lefty thing... He's so cute Emily- chubby feet and all!! :)

    ReplyDelete