Then is was "Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments."
Now it is "Baby's understanding of your reactions is rapidly developing. He might start testing you to see what he can get away with, but don't treat him like a defiant teen -- he's curious, not malicious. He also can't remember what you tell him for more than a few seconds at a time. The only discipline he needs right now is a simple "no" followed by some distraction."
Just for grins, I went back to my blog to see what was going on in my pregnancy world around 30 weeks. I still remember that once I hit 30 weeks, I knew we were getting SO close. Hitting that 30 seemed like such a milestone. So here's a little flashback with a few fun comments back to myself inserted...


"As you can tell from the picture, I'm getting big. I feel big. I'm still trying to imagine how I can get any bigger over the next 11 weeks. [Oh, it happened...you were huge!] It's really hard to get out of bed in the morning. [It is now too...but just because being Mommy & working is tiring.] I have to be on my side and push myself up with my hand. There is no more just sitting up. The tie on my house shoe came undone and I realized that I had to get creative to tie it while it was still on my foot. [It is nice to see my feet again.] Sitting at my desk all day or sitting at the table to eat is also uncomfortable. It's just hard to do much of anything leaning forward over this big belly. I still love it though! Tater [Tater! Ha!!!] has gotten SO much more active. It's so distracting though. All day while I'm sitting at my desk, he's just having Dance Party 2010 with himself. [I do miss that feeling, but a real touch or real sweet kiss is so much better!]
It's not the same quick jabs here and there that I used to feel. It's more him stretching I think. They are generally slower, stronger, deeper movements.... usually to my ribs or downtown. At the last ultrasound on May 13th, he was facing down, back bone up, so I'm thinking it's either a foot or his rear end. Sometimes there's action in more than one direction... poor little guy is getting cramped!
I will note that last Thursday we had our second Level II ultrasound to make sure our little Tater man was still looking good because of the whole two-vessel cord thing. He was perfect! BIG, but perfect! He was measuring over 2 weeks big and the doc said he was about 3 pounds 12 oz. [Now he's 22 pounds!!!! That's a BIG difference!!!] He's already outside the high end of the weight range. I asked if that meant that he might come early. The doc said "nope, not necessarily". He pretty much just said that we were on track to have a big baby. I'm all about tradition, and big babies run in the family." [Thank you Carson, you held up to expectations!]
So 30 weeks in baby world, not pregnancy world, means probably my favorite stage so far...at least in terms of cuteness. They really start having little personalities and are just full of smiles that could turn the worst day around. That sweet little smile and dimples just melt my heart. That laugh is contagious! He loves to grab at everything. He's a rock star at sitting up. He recognizes people in person and in pictures and gets excited when he sees someone he knows. He gives (very wet) kisses to me, not Andrew (b/c he's too scruffy). He loves the dogs, especially Lucy (and she loves him). He loves to be outside. He finds Daddy way funnier than Mommy. He finds the most random things hilarious (other children stomping cans at a birthday party). He loves to be around his little cousins. He started (happy) screaming when he saw Alexander. He still loves to nurse in the morning or at night which makes Mommy happy (during the day he has to take a bottle since I'm working...thank goodness for awesome pumps! I'm not sure how our mom's survived without one.) He loves his Exersaucer and can entertain himself. He LOVES to bounce in his door jumper. He loves to listen to Daddy sing & play guitar. I think he's going to have some musical talents... he loves to shake these little music things he got for Christmas...the kid has rhythm. He loves to make diaper changes challenging by rolling around and reaching for things behind him. He sleeps great at night ~7:00pm - 6:30am. He LOVES to eat. He still isn't a huge napper, but is getting better at falling asleep on his own, even if it is just for 20-30 minutes at a time. I could go on, but we have a 7-month update coming just around the corner, so I'll save something for that!
30 Weeks Old!
No comments:
Post a Comment