Monday, February 14, 2011

Obsession

And no, I'm not talking about Calvin Klein perfume.

So my new obsession is with eBay. Actually, I've always LOVED eBay, I just go through spurts here and there where I am obsessed with finding bargains on certain things. A couple years ago, it was estate jewelry, specifically gold bands with different gemstones. I ended up with a sapphire & diamond, ruby & diamond, and emerald & diamond bands. I wear them alone or put them with my wedding & engagement rings. They are all 10K or 14K and real gemstones. I got them for $30-$50 bucks each. I'm that eBay person everyone hates that is on there at the last second to beat someone by $0.50. Yep, that's me. I don't like to lose an auction. I have limits though, of course.

Anyways, so the recent obsession has been traditional, smocked boys clothes. Little boys pretty much get the shaft when it comes to cute clothes, but there are the exception! I love the little smocked jon jons and longalls. Retail, these things are RIDICULOUS, $30 to $60! I'm sorry, I don't even own many things in that category with the exception of suits and a couple dresses. Kids make a mess on everything and outgrow it before you even get them in it twice. So, I've been buying pre-owned and 18 mo, 24 mo, 2T, and 3T. Carson already fits in the 18 months stuff. He'll no doubt be in 24 mo & 2T this spring and summer. So here's the current stash...

Fishing


Barnyard Animals


Tractors


Cowboy


Ducks


Trucks (worn this weekend to LuLu's birthday...more pics to come!)


More Ducks


Gone Fishing


Lures


And if I'm lucky, in about 6 hours and 10 minutes, I'll have one with 3 little dogs on it too. Since most have "boy" things, like fishing, ducks, or trucks, Andrew is not opposed to these outfits. Generally, this style (well, more the bubble silhouette) is "girly" to him... but NO, he looks PRECIOUS! I am so ready for it to be a little warmer so I can get him in them! Look out ladies, we've got a handsome little man on our hands!

This was about 3 weeks ago. I know it's too big and it was way too cold, but I just had to get a picture.

1 comment: