Monday, March 7, 2011

About time!

Carson FINALLY decided he wanted to roll from his back to tummy. Even at his 6-month checkup, the doc was a little surprised to hear he hadn't done that yet. I had to remind the doc that Carson H.A.T.E.S. tummy time (it is getting better though). Why in the world would he purposely roll onto his tummy when he hates being there? He's been rolling from back to tummy forever. He actually did that the first time really early according to the development charts, but he was really late on the other way. He's sitting independently like a champ, which to me is way more important. As my friend Courtney said, "Have you ever seen an adult that can't roll over." :-) It never bothered me.

He actually did it the first time when we weren't looking. I put him on his back on a blanket in the living room for a couple minutes while I ran into the kitchen. When I went back in, he was on his tummy. He was trying to get his airplane toy. He did it one more time later in the afternoon. Yay! He finally can roll both ways!

I am forcing more tummy time these days, and he's not fighting it as bad as he used to. By fighting it, I mean immediately flipping over to his back. When he is on his tummy and sees a toy he wants, his legs start going. He's able to scoot forward a little bit. I tell ya, this kid can reach though. He can really stretch out to try to get something he wants. Remotes are still a favorite "toy", so mommy found an old remote, took out the batteries and washed it off. Perfect toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment