Anyways, this week he has surprised us a few times. Monday he took a (nearly) 2-hour nap, 1-hour nap, and a 30 minute nap. A couple of other times during the week, one of his naps was 1-1.5 hours. Yesterday I know he had at least one nap that was 1.5 hours. Right now, he's just about to hit the hour and a half mark!
Here's my precious angel sleeping now... :-)

I also find it a little strange that his longest nap is often the one right after breakfast. All my little baby growth/development e-mails I get every week or month have been saying that many babies drop their morning nap and only have the late morning/after lunch and then mid/late afternoon naps. [At least I think that's right, I forget.] This child is practically falling asleep at breakfast some days. You'd think after sleeping 12 hours, he'd be good to go for a while. But around 9:00am, his body language is practically begging me to just get a bottle and hit the crib. So, that's what we do.
I'm hoping that this isn't just a fluke phase. It would be really nice to have a child with legitimate naps during the day. Let's face it moms, 20-30 minutes just doesn't cut it when we have stuff to do. :-)
Oh I am so so happy for you!!!! And Jay's longest nap is his morning one- weird! :) ENJOY some free time!!!!
ReplyDelete