Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Faves!

It's Friday, and I'm in a great mood! My brain has had to work too hard this week, and I'm ready for a weekend of nothingness. To kick it off, here are five things I'm loving at the moment that don't have to do with my precious kiddo and handsome husband. Those are always my true faves!

Five (not obvious) Things That Have Made Me Smile This Week:

1. My beautiful Black Lucchese boots! I had always wanted a nice pair of black cowboy boots, so I splurged and bought these with my birthday money a few months ago. They are no longer stiff and fit my feet just perfect. LOVE THEM! Oh, and I love the smell of leather. Yes, I will pick up things (purse, shoes, belt, etc.) at a store and smell them. But since I don't get out much, I just smell my boots.




2. Feeding the birds. Andrew built two little bird feeding ledges on the fence (the other is outside Carson's room) and every morning I go and dump a cup of crushed corn out there for the birdies. I love watching the doves, black birds, chi chi birds, and occasional blue jays come and eat. I can see the feeder from my desk, so I almost feel like I'm outside during the day (except I have A/C!).


(If you look closely, you can see a dove (and my ugly, not-yet-bloomed crepe myrtle and weeds in the yard).

3. Blogging. I wish I had started sooner. We all seem to get so caught up with being a mommy, wife, working, and life in general that we don't often make time to just reflect. Blogging has been my chance to sit back, look at our little life, put it in writing and pictures, and share it with the world (or the handful of people who actually read it and care). Since I haven't really had much time to pursue any hobbies lately, blogging has been my little mini-hobby. Love it.

4. Cookie dough. Who actually buys the fundraiser cookie dough to actually make cookies? Not me. :-)


5. Making the bed. I was never forced to make my bed every morning (or maybe I was supposed to and never did... don't remember) and never really have been a bed-maker. I used to go through little spurts where I'd make it for a couple days and I always really liked when I did. So, for some reason, now it is part of my daily morning ritual. Before I go sit down for work, the kitchen is clean and the bed is made. I walk past our room all the time, so to be able to look in and see a made bed just seems to make the whole house seem more put together. It takes 2 minutes, so why not! I think one reason I actually make it now is because I downsized the pillow situation. Seriously, who needs 10+ pillows on the bed? Nobody. It may look fabulous in a Pottery Barn catalog, but it is not practical.

Okay, so I kind of like this Friday Faves idea... you may see it again!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Fun post! I like this Friday favorites idea...might have to join in on the fun. :) (I realize it's Sunday and I read this on Friday but my work computer doesn't let me comment for some reason....so here we are on Sunday and I finally remembered to come back and comment!) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete