Carson has not quite mastered real food yet. He's perfectly content with pureed fruits & veggies, and he LOVES oatmeal. I've practically had a heart attack twice because I thought he was choking on a puff and a small piece of banana. They seem to go to the back of his mouth too quick and get stuck. He can eat the puffs if I break them into 2-3 pieces, but when I do that they are so small that he can't really pick them up. If he does, they get stuck on his fingers and he "loses" it. It "disappears" and he doesn't keep trying to put it in his mouth. The other morning he seemed interested in my toast with jelly on it, so I let him suck on piece for little bit to get soft before he swallowed. He seemed to really like it. That concept of eating made more sense to him. I still don't get why a child who puts everything else in his mouth doesn't put food in his mouth. Oh well.
So anyway, Andrew got back from the deer lease today with some fresh (well, is it really?) venison jerky from the little meat market in Stonewall. We brushed off some of the pepper and let Carson have a taste. He LOVED it! Something with FLAVOR!!! YAY!!! Who'd a thought that Carson would LOVE venison jerky?!? Then we let him hold it and he just was smacking away. It was hysterical!!! I really should gave gotten the video camera out. He was just gnawing away. This was actually pretty soft jerky compared to some out there. I think this actually might be good practice for him chewing. Good times!





I don't think he actually ate much. I think he just gnawed the flavor out. :-)
Soooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI cant believ he is 8 mos old! Time flies huh!? And I LOVE jerky... thats an awesome teething treat (supervised) Channing would be the one to stuff the whole thing in her mouth... but i bet she would love it too!
ReplyDelete