Friday, July 8, 2011

The Other Stuff...

Okay, so I admitted to copy/pasting for Carson's 11 month update, with personalized changes of course. Well... OF COURSE this caused me to leave out a lot. So, here's a few other things that came to mind after the initial post...

+Gives super sweet hugs
+In a VERY clingy-to-mommy stage
+Has this super cheesy, fake laugh that is hilarious
+His real laugh comes out a lot though, especially when we play Flippety Flopper with the pups
+Still loves to make motor boat sounds with his mouth
+Carnivore
+Did I mention, he's a major carnivore? This kid LOVES meat! Chicken, sausage, bacon, steak, fajitas, you name it...
+LOVES canned green beans. He'd probably eat the whole can if I dumped it out for him.
+Loves to bounce up and down...in the crib...at the gates...in front of the TV... on anything he pulls up on.
+He doesn't actually watch much TV, but he LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba! He loves to dance (i.e. jump up and down) in front of the TV.
+Knows the different foods on his plate and chooses his next bite wisely.
+Loves his "baby" (Andrew's, yes Andrew's, old Madame Alexander baby doll from when she was little)
+Has started doing this Indian thing with his mouth... patting it, sometimes with the back of his hand and other times with the front.
+HATES having his diaper changed. I don't know if he really hates it. I think Mommy hates it more because he will NOT stay still! It's amazing that a tube of Boudreaux's or a bottle of hand santizer can be an attention-getting life saver.
+LOVES skinny dipping in the baby pool


+Not a huge fan of bath time anymore. Doesn't really hate or love it. Each night is hit or miss. We're pretty much just in & out on most days. We do play "which is the duck" between his rubber duckies and other bath toys.
+Favorite past time is pulling EVERY book off the shelf (especially right after I picked them up)
+Really getting good at walking behind his push toys
+Fights bed time now :-(
+LOVES BOOKS. Watching him sit on the floor, book in hand, quietly turning the pages is just PRECIOUS. He turns the pages much faster and more aggressively when Mommy is reading.
+Every night, we must read Goodnight Moon (thanks, Kelsey!), Rocky Mountain Babies (thanks, Catie!), Baby Hugs (thanks, Mom!), and several of his prayers out of his prayer board book (thanks, Me!).
+Regarding his "figure", he's not chunky at all like many people think. Yes, he is HUGE for his age, but he is perfectly proportional, and actually more on the lean side now. I'm almost positive he will be taller than his daddy and takes more after his Papi and Pops.
+He has wild man hair. If I didn't comb it into that perfect little boy 'do', he'd look like Conan O'Brien. He really could use a hair cut around the ears, but I can't do it yet. Oh, and those curls in the back are TOO SWEET! It seems to be getting lighter too! How do we have a blonde child???
+Still wrestles with his bear, but lately seems to prefer his blanket from Jolee. Mommy was a big time blanket person, so it looks like he might be following in my footsteps. He SHOVES it into his mouth and sleeps that way. Goober. He never took to the pacifier, but still wants that sucking feeling.



Well, in only two short weeks, Carson will be the BIG ONE!!!! I still can't believe it.

1 comment:

  1. SO SWEET!!!! cannot believe hes so big!!!! PS we have a pool just like that!

    ReplyDelete