Thursday, June 23, 2011

11 Months


Well, just one more short month until the big ONE YEAR!!!

This has certainly been a fun month!!!

The whole monkey picture was pretty much a HUGE FAIL. I quit trying after a couple pictures since I take so many others.








I'm having a totally lazy mom moment. I copied/pasted a 10 month update from a friend's blog (Yes, Courtney... this will look familiar) :-) and then modified for my little man.

-Size 4 diapers (we'll be here for a while)
-Takes two (much better than before) naps a day! AMEN! I'd say most of the time they are around an hour. This is MAJOR progress. I guess all that crawling, pulling up, and cruising is TIRING!
-Goes to bed around 8-8:30 and wakes up 7-7:30.
-Sporting mostly 18 and 24 month clothes
-On pretty much all formula now, with the exception of a frozen breast milk bottle here and there.
-Likes ICE COLD water out of his straw sippy. Hasn't really taken to juice and we haven't tried real milk yet. I guess that usually happens around a year, so we'll be there soon.
-Usually eats like a champ but is certainly showing signs of being picky, especially when it's food he picks up. He knows the difference between the different foods put on his tray. He LOVES smoked sausage and chicken! He also loves a real man's breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast, grits) and any kind of beans. He doesn't seem to like squishy feeling foods. He doesn't want to pick up pieces of banana or canned pears.
-Crawls like a wild man in traditional crawling style. This kid can MOTOR!!!! He can motor so fast he's already bruised his chin and busted his lip twice.
-Stands for a fairly long time by himself. He's gaining confidence he didn't have before. He's not afraid to let go anymore.
-Hasn't really shown an interest in walking yet. He cruises around everything and has recently taken a few steps behind a push toy. I've tried the sit a few feet away with your arms out thing. Yeah, he would just belly flop straight to the floor if I let him. He literally will just fall towards me. I think he knows he can get to something super fast just by crawling, so he's cool with that. He just started crawling at 9 months, so I guess he's not tired of it yet.
-Some days he is the biggest snuggler and just LOVES to give his mommy BIG hugs! He's definitely a hugger and not a kisser... maybe all the kisses I give him gets annoying? :-)
-Hasn't been swimming in a real pool but had fun at the splash park.
-Pulls up/opens/closes/pushes on/sticks hands into EVERYTHING!!
-Still gets rocked at night. He hasn't actually fallen asleep doing this in a while, but it's still our special time.
-Loves to clap and dies laughing when playing Patty cake (just the part when you "roll it" on his hand). He's VERY ticklish!
-Thinks peek-a-boo (i.e. "Where's Carson?) is the funniest game ever.
-Loves to wave, but mostly for hellos not good byes.
-Isn't really much of a talker. He makes lots of sounds, babbles, and grunts, but hasn't really picked up on saying to many actual words other than Mom Mom. I TRY though! He definitely knows what lots of things are like ba (bottle), Da Da, more, turning off the "light", brushing his teeth, ball, dog, Lucy, Shooter, and ducks are. He actually grunts at a lot of things.
-He's very particular about his books at bed time. If you try to read one that's not a "regular", he pushes it away.
-Loves being around other kids but doesn't get the change that often other than on Sunday mornings. The lady that works in the nursery has a daughter with Downs Syndrome that LOVES Carson. She is so excited when he comes in each week. She says his name and gets so excited. It's really cute.
-Loves Shooter and Lucy... especially LOVES to feed them.
-Has had some separation anxiety at the church nursery. Fortunately, it's brief.
-He has been a little drama queen. He can definitely turn it on to get attention.
-LOVES to jump up and down anytime he's standing up. He's actually getting his feet off the floor too sometimes.
-Still has 8 teeth but has been showing teething signs again. Are there 1 year molars or something? It definitely seems like they are farther back.
-He loves to dumps stuff out but doesn't get the concept of putting it back.
-One of his favorite activities is just pulling books off the shelf.

I think that's a pretty good overview, but I'm sure I'll think of something else later.

Sweet Carson - You are the greatest blessing ever!!! We love watching you grow and seeing your little personality develop. We LOVE you!!! Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. SO sweet!!!! hes getting so big! ahh where did the time go!? PS thanks for your sweet sweet comment on my blog today! love ya!

    ReplyDelete